Reload this Page >

visiting during I-129F/K-1 process

visiting during I-129F/K-1 process

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 12:56 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visiting during I-129F/K-1 process

Yep, I know it's a standard topic, but I posted this in another thread and no one replied. So, if anyone has an answer, let me know, please!

I read in a thread from earlier this year that until the paperwork is received by the consulate (after approval of the I-129F for a K-1), you are not in the INS computers at the POE.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visiting during I-129F/K-1 process

Originally posted by mca:
Yep, I know it's a standard topic, but I posted this in another thread and no one replied. So, if anyone has an answer, let me know, please!

I read in a thread from earlier this year that until the paperwork is received by the consulate (after approval of the I-129F for a K-1), you are not in the INS computers at the POE.

Read the following recent post:

POE refusal

For a full discussion on entering the US if you have a USC fiancee or spouse.

As for your "is it in the computer" question, I, personally, don't think it is true. Once your I-129F is received at the Service Center, all relevant information is inputted into the INS computer system. This database is available to the INS at the POE.

Rete
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 1:36 pm
mca
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete:
Read the following recent post:

POE refusal

For a full discussion on entering the US if you have a USC fiancee or spouse.

As for your "is it in the computer" question, I, personally, don't think it is true. Once your I-129F is received at the Service Center, all relevant information is inputted into the INS computer system. This database is available to the INS at the POE.

Rete
Hi, Rete. I have read that post, that's where I originally asked my question. Actually, I believe you were the one who stated that you are *not* in the computer in the other, older, thread that I read. So are you saying now that a person *is* most likely in the computer? Just trying to clarify.

Thanks
mca
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mca,

I do not know by first hand but look at the official point of view ...from the uk embassy:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...faq_spouse.htm

regards,
groovy
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 3:20 pm
Chris

For what its worth....

I called and talk to an immigration officer about a few issues and one that
I did bring up is if your fiancee can enter US after the K1 has started.
What I was told is that once the INS service center receives the files and
process your first NOA it is entered into the system and you can not
re-enter US once the first NOA has occurred. She advised me that the POE
will turn you around as the information will come up when your passport is
scanned. I have heard of people coming in and having no problems so so its
a catch 22 as they say

mca wrote:

> Yep, I know it's a standard topic, but I posted this in another thread
    > and no one replied. So, if anyone has an answer, let me know, please!
    > I read in a thread from earlier this year that until the paperwork is
    > received by the consulate (after approval of the I-129F for a K-1), you
    > are not in the INS computers at the POE.
    > Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Rete. I have read that post, that's where I originally asked my question. Actually, I believe you were the one who stated that you are *not* in the computer in the other, older, thread that I read. So are you saying now that a person *is* most likely in the computer? Just trying to clarify.

Thanks
mca
The INS database is shared with the POE. It is usually not shared with the US Consulate. You are dealing with two different government agencies here -- dept of justice and dept of state.

All US governments work under the premise that the left hand does NOT know what the right is doing.

Rete
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 4:53 pm
mca
Forum Regular

Originally posted by groovy:
I do not know by first hand but look at the official point of view ...from the uk embassy:

Thanks, groovy. Nice name :)
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 4:56 pm
mca
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Chris:
I called and talk to an immigration officer about a few issues and one that I did bring up is if your fiancee can enter US after the K1 has started. What I was told is that once the INS service center receives the files and process your first NOA it is entered into the system and you can not re-enter US once the first NOA has occurred. She advised me that the POE
will turn you around as the information will come up when your passport is scanned. I have heard of people coming in and having no problems so so its a catch 22 as they say
Hmm ... that's what I was afraid of. I guess we can only hope for the best. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 5:01 pm
mca
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete:
The INS database is shared with the POE. It is usually not shared with the US Consulate. You are dealing with two different government agencies here -- dept of justice and dept of state.

All US governments work under the premise that the left hand does NOT know what the right is doing.

That doesn't really answer my question, but thanks anyway.

This is the post to which I was referring, btw.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

in which you stated, "This couple's approval first of all happened after entry into the US and therefore there is no way their names were in an INS computer at the POE. If it had occurred before, it is still doubtful that their names were in the INS computer. The approval and paperwork has to be transmitted to the US Consulate."

and the thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=59827

I know it's best to be prepared with documents proving a return to the country, but the problem is my fiance doesn't have many of them. He's coming into town for a wedding (unfortunately, not ours!) and has already bought the tickets, so I guess there's not much we can do about it now.