visa requirement for coming into USA from canada by air

visa requirement for coming into USA from canada by air

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

ash2005 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb visa requirement for coming into USA from canada by air

Hello,
1) Are all the formalities for US immigration and customs done at canada
airport,not like done at first port in US while coming from other countries?

2) I have US H1B endorsed in my passport. it is expired. I have renewed H1B papers,in force but not endorsed into my passport.
My question is ,will I be allowed into US by air on this by flying from canada ?

Thanks

Last edited by ash2005; Apr 19th 2005 at 10:53 pm. Reason: extra words
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa requirement for coming into USA from canada by air

I'd suggest posting the the US visa section, might get more answers there, or I could move this thread if you wanted.

As for your two questions, not sure what your asking exactly...the first one about pre-clearance, might depend on the airport, but when I flew into boston via montreal, the stuff didn't pre-clear to final destination, had to go pick it up and go through it all over at montreal.
The second question, wouldn't know, depends on what your planning on doing, if it's just a visit, then it might not matter, don't really know though.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

ash2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
I'd suggest posting the the US visa section, might get more answers there, or I could move this thread if you wanted.

As for your two questions, not sure what your asking exactly...the first one about pre-clearance, might depend on the airport, but when I flew into boston via montreal, the stuff didn't pre-clear to final destination, had to go pick it up and go through it all over at montreal.
The second question, wouldn't know, depends on what your planning on doing, if it's just a visit, then it might not matter, don't really know though.
Hello Bob,
Thanks

A fried of mine is a canada Permanant Resident working in USA on renewed H1B visa which is not endorsed in his passport.
Now he is planning to go to Toronto by air.
Going to Toronto from USA is no problem.
Coming back from Toronto into US, by air , will they check the visa and give clearance etc at Toronto or will they check at US airport,say DFW?

I know Coming by land is no problem
regards
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ash2005
Going to Toronto from USA is no problem.
Coming back from Toronto into US, by air , will they check the visa and give clearance etc at Toronto or will they check at US airport,say DFW?
Wouldnt' have a clue...which is why I suggest a post in the visa section...loads of people there could help out.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:22 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get a new H1B visa.

The papers allow you to be in the US and to work in the US, but they do not allow you to come to the US.

The visa allows you to cross the border into the US, but does not allow you to stay here.

You need both to enter the country.