Visa photo

Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice
Default Visa photo

Is it just me or are US immigration trying to catch us out with the dimensions required for the visa photos?
I just went to get mine done at a passport photo booth - came home and measured them and the area falls short of the 2 inch square they require.

I would appreciate any advice - stupid me thought these photos were standard!!!

thanks
cathy
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not standard size photos. If you are going for a visa interview at the US Embassy in London there is a photo place in Oxford Street that knows the correct dimensions without being told. Address should be on the paperwork, they are fast and no fuss. Don't go along with the wrong size because they will make you go out and get them taken again.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa photo

Originally posted by cathy22w
I would appreciate any advice - stupid me thought these photos were standard!!!
thanks
cathy
Cathy - show a bit of cleavage and you'll waltz through the interview without a problem.

Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally posted by RaymanInPA
Cathy - show a bit of cleavage and you'll waltz through the interview without a problem.

A BIT of cleavage?

I went the whole hog and posed topless!!!!

hehe
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cathy22w
A BIT of cleavage?

I went the whole hog and posed topless!!!!

hehe
I cant wait to see your passport!
:PARTY:
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:23 am
Just Joined

jemstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Hi Cathy,
Yes, they do require 2" square pictures but you'll be pleased to know that all branches of SNAPPY SNAPS do the required size with their instant digi cameras.
We had them done at Muswell Hill who were particularly helpful.
Good luck
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:27 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jemstar
Hi Cathy,
Yes, they do require 2" square pictures but you'll be pleased to know that all branches of SNAPPY SNAPS do the required size with their instant digi cameras.
We had them done at Muswell Hill who were particularly helpful.
Good luck
Just had mine done.
Spent a pointless 2 hours trudging around Liverpool City Centre, finally got them done at a place called Samsons on Bold St.
£15 for 4 2x2 photo's, seems a bit steep, but couldn't find anywhere else that does em
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
Just had mine done.
Spent a pointless 2 hours trudging around Liverpool City Centre, finally got them done at a place called Samsons on Bold St.
£15 for 4 2x2 photo's, seems a bit steep, but couldn't find anywhere else that does em
nowt better than a reply to a year old thread
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:27 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
Must have waited a whole year to get his photos done and reply to this.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:33 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by adeshell
Must have waited a whole year to get his photos done and reply to this.
just tryin to be helpful to anyone in Liverpool who might be wanting to get their pics done :P
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:37 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
just tryin to be helpful to anyone in Liverpool who might be wanting to get their pics done :P
Just winding you up lad.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

bromleybill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adeshell
Just winding you up lad.

And just when you thought you had it right with your 3/4 profile, you now need full face. Moreover, they do not seem to have a measure to check the photos at the Embassy
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:13 pm
You fat bastard

Originally Posted by bromleybill
And just when you thought you had it right with your 3/4 profile, you now need full face. Moreover, they do not seem to have a measure to check the photos at the Embassy
Damn. Guess my Avatar photo won't work then
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I just went to a photo booth in boots, 3 quid for 4! Now they want passpprt photos so its even easier.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Manc
Imagine my surprise at getting the link in my email!
BTW Rayman - posing topless proved quite a help at getting me through immigration in Philly!