visa number

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:18 pm
jay
Just Joined

jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa number

hey folks,

i'm in the process of wrapping up my paper work 'n should hopefully send the I-130 et al by next week. i have just one problem 'n that's the part that asks for my visa number. now i am a student 'n i have an F-1 visa stamped in my passport. so what i need to know is, is my visa number the control number 'n if so am i expected to replicate the lines going thru some of the zero digits in that number? or are those lines differentiate between zero's 'n o's. or is my visa number the red numbered digits. thanx 'n god speed.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 4:47 am
Bill

Default Re: visa number

The Visa number is the red number toward the bottom right side of your Visa, not the
control number at the top. Good luck!! Bill

"jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hey folks,
    > i'm in the process of wrapping up my paper work 'n should hopefully send the I-130
    > et al by next week. i have just one problem 'n that's the part that asks for my
    > visa number. now i am a student 'n i have an F-1 visa stamped in my passport. so
    > what i need to know is, is my visa number the control number 'n if so am i expected
    > to replicate the lines going thru some of the zero digits in that number? or are
    > those lines differentiate between zero's 'n o's. or is my visa number the red
    > numbered digits. thanx 'n god speed.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 30th 2002, 4:38 pm
jay
Just Joined

thanx a lot bill, u have contradicted what folks at the international students office at my school just told me! 'n to certify their ignorance, they swear by it. a whole bunch of them!
i was under the impression the red numbers were it too and thanx for confirming it. god knows, we have the INS to screw us over without us ourselves messing things up. thanxs again bill 'n best of luck to u too.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 5:02 pm
Folinskyiinla

jay <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > hey folks,
    > i'm in the process of wrapping up my paper work 'n should hopefully send the I-130
    > et al by next week. i have just one problem 'n that's the part that asks for my
    > visa number. now i am a student 'n i have an F-1 visa stamped in my passport. so
    > what i need to know is, is my visa number the control number 'n if so am i expected
    > to replicate the lines going thru some of the zero digits in that number? or are
    > those lines differentiate between zero's 'n o's. or is my visa number the red
    > numbered digits. thanx 'n god speed.

An immigration lawyer comments:

It is the "control number" on the visa. Do NOT confuse it with the red number on the
visa. That is the number for the blank sticker upon which the visa is printed.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 5:11 am
Bill

Go to the following web page and you will see a sample Visa showing which number is
the visa number. This is the info that I was going by.

http://k1.exit.com/k1docs.html

Bill

"FolinskyiInLA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
gle.com
    > jay <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > hey folks,
    > >
    > > i'm in the process of wrapping up my paper work 'n should hopefully send the
    > > I-130 et al by next week. i have just one problem 'n that's the part that asks
    > > for my visa number. now i am a student 'n i have an F-1 visa stamped in my
    > > passport. so what i need to know is, is my visa number the control number 'n if
    > > so am i expected to replicate the lines going thru some of the zero digits in
    > > that number? or are those lines differentiate between zero's 'n o's. or is my
    > > visa number the red numbered digits. thanx 'n god speed.
    > An immigration lawyer comments:
    > It is the "control number" on the visa. Do NOT confuse it with the red number on
    > the visa. That is the number for the blank sticker upon which the visa is printed.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 5:40 am
jay
Just Joined

perfect! thanx a whole bunch 'n i hope i get to repay the help. god bless 'n best of luck.