Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Virginia Licence Plate

Virginia Licence Plate

Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:57 am
Cornish Pasty Lover

Voltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Virginia Licence Plate

I too live in NoVA, and would be interested. I already have a plain ol' boring vanity tag but the union flag or st. george cross would be neat.

I do see however it may be an uphill struggle!!,

chrs
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:01 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
This post is really going to only be of interest to people living in Virginia, later this month I plan to order a vanity plate for my car, after spending ages looking through the various designs available at the Virginia DMV website and finding nothing of any interest. I checked out the link that allows you to submit your own design.

I am thinking of submitting a design for a UK plate, basically the whole plate face would be a Union Jack (I thought about St Georges Cross, but then I limit the number of people who may be interested, and also open myself up to numerous Americans asking me if I work for the red cross etc) and then your numbers would be stamped across the picture/background.

At the moment I am just trying to gauge interest in this, part of the DMV requirement is that when a design is approved, I have to submit applications of 350 people who would also want the plate.

So if anyone is interested, or has any comments, please either PM me or reply here. I am simply trying to get some numbers at the moment to see if I can get anywhere near 350, I can then decide whether or not to bother with creating a design.

Thanks.
A quick google and you'll see that somebody beat you to it http://www.britsusa.com/category2.php?cid=5&scid=27

That's the end of that idea, then
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

A comment like that coming from the "Your wasting your time ..........." poster!!! If you posted some useful info originally instead of just being an unhelpful moron then my attitude would have been fine.
You still did not bother to explain why you are such an expert on the plates, despite me asking you to explain as to why you think its such a waste of time, instead you again posted complete sh*t and waste more of peoples time.
Either post a decent reply as to why it's a waste of time, or go back to posting drivel in the Lounge.
It a pleasure to waste your time ..inconsequential little tosser ...
But use your brain a little ..and you will end up saying ..:you were right ....
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:13 am
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
It a pleasure to waste your time ..inconsequential little tosser ...
But use your brain a little ..and you will end up saying ..:you were right ....
Again, you posted more sh*t. Thanks for proving my point, now go crawl back into your hole....... inconsequential little tosser.

I would like to say something about you using your brain, but you have illustrated numerous times on this thread that its a department you are sorely lacking in. If you were such an expert on vanity plates you could have posted something useful (and if I ended up saying "you were right" that would have been fine), if you are not interested/not from VA you could have posted nothing. Instead you chose (illustrating the amount of free time you have to waste and thus waste others) to post something which contained 0 useful information to me or anyone else who may have been interested.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:16 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, you posted more sh*t. Thanks for proving my point, now go crawl back into your hole....... inconsequential little tosser.

I would like to say something about you using your brain, but you have illustrated numerous times on this thread that its a department you are sorely lacking in. If you were such an expert on vanity plates you could have posted something useful (and if I ended up saying "you were right" that would have been fine), if you are not interested/not from VA you could have posted nothing. Instead you chose (illustrating the amount of free time you have to waste and thus waste others) to post something which contained 0 useful information to me or anyone else who may have been interested.
sigh....post #11. Are you having your period today?
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:17 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

to post something which contained 0 useful information to me or anyone else who may have been interested.
I am just trying to educate you ... and by god you need it ...
Not been in the US that long ..I bet ...

And its fun to irritate the dopey .....

Last edited by Ray; Jun 12th 2006 at 4:20 am.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:18 am
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kate2112
sigh....post #11. Are you having your period today?
sigh........... thanks for the reply Kate2112, but that only shows plates that already exist (I had typed a reply to you earlier, but got distracted) I was asking for interest in getting a new plate design created. Thanks anyway though.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:22 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

sigh........... thanks for the reply Kate2112, but that only shows plates that already exist (I had typed a reply to you earlier, but got distracted) I was asking for interest in getting a new plate design created. Thanks anyway though.
Personalized License Plates
If you have an interest in a special license plate, follow the links for information and plate requests.

Submit completed application form and fees to:
Department of Transportation
Division of Motor Vehicles
Building 3, Capitol Complex
Charleston, WV 25317

Some plates have specific ordering instructions. If there are no specific order forms or ordering instructions below the personalized plate that you would like to order, download this general application form to order a personalized license plate. You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print a PDF form.

But you have little to no chance of getting a plate design along the lines you suggested. (Friends at UKatUSAEmbassy have tried similar designs)
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:22 am
Just a rock in the rain

Originally Posted by Ray
I am just trying to educate you ... and by god you need it ...
Not been in the US that long ..I bet ...

And it fun to irritate the dopey .....
Educate me how? by posting "Your wasting your time.........." but not bothering to explain or give any reason's. How long I have been in the US is none of your business and has no difference on my OP. I could bet you don't get out much, or how it's fun to irritate the useless posting time wasting guy, but instead have decided to request that the thread be locked/deleted.

Go now and waste someone elses time. It's something you are apparantly very good at, probably an expert I imagine.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:24 am
Ray

Educate me how? by posting "Your wasting your time.........." but not bothering to explain or give any reason's. .
Well I can't do everything for you ... This is not help the dopey forum ...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:26 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Kate2112
But you have little to no chance of getting a plate design along the lines you suggested. (Friends at UKatUSAEmbassy have tried similar designs)
Your getting close Kate .. foreign flag and all........
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:31 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Can we knock this on the head please peeps.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:34 am
Just a rock in the rain

Originally Posted by Ray
Your getting close Kate .. foreign flag and all........
25 posts later.............. why could you not have simply in your 1st post said "the DMV do not allow foreign flags............." instead you chose to post a reply that helped no one and wasted peoples time. This may not be "help the dopey forum" but last time I checked it also was not the "post little or no information and waste peoples time forum" either.

Kate2112, I had read that link also, but did now know about the UKatUSAEmbassy attempt at a similar design. Thanks again.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I want a swastika on my vanity plate!!!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:38 am
Junior Showtime

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I want a swastika on my vanity plate!!!
See Oregon state, you should be in with a good chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.