Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Virginia Licence Plate

Virginia Licence Plate

Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:45 am
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold
Default Virginia Licence Plate

This post is really going to only be of interest to people living in Virginia, later this month I plan to order a vanity plate for my car, after spending ages looking through the various designs available at the Virginia DMV website and finding nothing of any interest. I checked out the link that allows you to submit your own design.

I am thinking of submitting a design for a UK plate, basically the whole plate face would be a Union Jack (I thought about St Georges Cross, but then I limit the number of people who may be interested, and also open myself up to numerous Americans asking me if I work for the red cross etc) and then your numbers would be stamped across the picture/background.

At the moment I am just trying to gauge interest in this, part of the DMV requirement is that when a design is approved, I have to submit applications of 350 people who would also want the plate.

So if anyone is interested, or has any comments, please either PM me or reply here. I am simply trying to get some numbers at the moment to see if I can get anywhere near 350, I can then decide whether or not to bother with creating a design.

Thanks.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Virginia Licence Plate

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
This post is really going to only be of interest to people living in Virginia, later this month I plan to order a vanity plate for my car, after spending ages looking through the various designs available at the
Your wasting your time ...........
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What do you care? You're not British anyway (that's what you tell others)...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
What do you care? You're not British anyway (that's what you tell others)...
And what has it got to do with you ... a question was asked
and answered ...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And what has it got to do with you ... a question was asked
and answered ...
The opinion of one person to a question that has no relevance to him in the first place.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:17 am
Ray

The opinion of one person to a question that has no relevance to him in the first place.
My knowledge on speciality plates is quite vast ....
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
My knowledge on speciality plates is quite vast ....
Post #2 doesn't suggest anything of the sort!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:25 am
Ray

Post #2 doesn't suggest anything of the sort!
Putting smilies in your post does not make it amusing ...
The OP can waste their time if they wish too...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:52 am
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Care to elaborate on why it's a waste of time? Do the DMV not allow this tpye of plate? or are you implying that there are not that many people from VA on this forum? etc etc.

If you are so sure I am wasting my time, please let me know why, instead of just posting useless replies that are a waste of time to anyone reading, and contain absolutely no helpful information.

It's clear you have a lot of time to waste. Not everyone does.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:09 am
Ray

It's clear you have a lot of time to waste. Not everyone does.
Good attitude... Now you can do your own research ....
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:14 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/veh...asp?category=S

These are your choices for vanity plates in Virginia
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:20 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/veh...asp?category=S

These are your choices for vanity plates in Virginia

I wonder what they would do if the OP were to buy one with a US flag and stuck a Union Jack over it...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:26 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I wonder what they would do if the OP were to buy one with a US flag and stuck a Union Jack over it...
Let me consult the flag code......
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:43 am
Just a rock in the rain

Originally Posted by Ray
Good attitude... Now you can do your own research ....
A comment like that coming from the "Your wasting your time ..........." poster!!! If you posted some useful info originally instead of just being an unhelpful moron then my attitude would have been fine.

You still did not bother to explain why you are such an expert on the plates, despite me asking you to explain as to why you think its such a waste of time, instead you again posted complete sh*t and waste more of peoples time.

Either post a decent reply as to why it's a waste of time, or go back to posting drivel in the Lounge.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:57 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

A comment like that coming from the "Your wasting your time ..........." poster!!! If you posted some useful info originally instead of just being an unhelpful moron then my attitude would have been fine.

You still did not bother to explain why you are such an expert on the plates, despite me asking you to explain as to why you think its such a waste of time, instead you again posted complete sh*t and waste more of peoples time.

Either post a decent reply as to why it's a waste of time, or go back to posting drivel in the Lounge.
Why not just thank me for my post #11 which answers your question It would be a lot more fruitful than posting a Flaming reply to Ray who frankly wont give a toss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.