Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vets gone mad?

Vets gone mad?

Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vets gone mad?

Speaking of Vets gone mad. We had to take our dog to the emergency vets last night and we were charged $90 dollars just for walking through the door. :scared:
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:26 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Speaking of Vets gone mad. We had to take our dog to the emergency vets last night and we were charged $90 dollars just for walking through the door. :scared:
Blimey! My horse's vet only charges $15 for a farm visit. I actually find the vets here a lot cheaper than at home, at least for horses.

I hope the dog is ok.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Blimey! My horse's vet only charges $15 for a farm visit. I actually find the vets here a lot cheaper than at home, at least for horses.

I hope the dog is ok.
I think we got charged that, because it was out of hours. But after xrays and medication, we were out of pocket close to $300 dollars. She took a tumble and partially dislocated a bone in one of her front legs. It had popped back in by the time we got there, but it was still very tender.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:04 am
Gurning up a storm!

Location: Just moved back to NH from UK after the wife and I tried living in UK
Suffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
To me, the story is just a reflection of Americans themselves. Most Americans are fixated on their physical appearance and this extends to their pets.

NC Penguin
Aint that the truth.....
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:07 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I wonder how many of the posters on this board defending animals so vehemently, think it's perfectly okay to stick a sharp knife into the head of a baby and pull it from it's mother's womb.

Stirring the shit.
*ducking for cover*
?? Her indoors is due to pop another one out in a few weeks. I was down the "business end" for the first 2, and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if a carving knife tried to join the party..... did I blink at th ewrong time - is there something I should know....?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Before we all jump on this American bashing bandwagon over mutilating animals we need to get our own house in order also.
Look at the difference between a Britsh bulldog and the American British bulldog. The British version has been bred over years to emphasize it's snub nose, short legs and wide girth, in short, for appearance sake. They have breathing difficulties from the second they're born. They're life expectancy has been lowered due to the unnatural features bred into them.
The American bulldog however is a far more active and healthier dog with a better quality of life because it is a far more natural representation of the breed.
I believe (may be wrong) tails can still be removed by vets in the UK and that practise still continues.
As we also live in a glass house I don't think we should be throwing as many stones.
I have a (British) Staffordshire bull terrier with a tail....and a smile!
I wonder though, if it's morally wrong to remove a tail and some claws is it then also wrong to remove the mutt's nuts?