Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USCIS Security Checks

USCIS Security Checks

Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Post USCIS Security Checks

This is a pdf file concerning information about USCIS/FBI Security Checks.

http://www.wwgw.com/uploadedfiles/SecurityChecks.pdf
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: USCIS Security Checks

The USCIS site:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/public...ecks_42506.pdf
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
And they don't give the whole story either
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: USCIS Security Checks

Originally Posted by Ray
And they don't give the whole story either
So whats the whole story? elaborate.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolf
So whats the whole story? elaborate.
There are many more layer to it all.. a friend local to you waited 9 months ..
last year ... so its not uncommon ..a lady on her a year back waited 2 years .. one day it just arrived ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...90&postcount=7
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Unhappy Re: USCIS Security Checks

Originally Posted by Ray
There are many more layer to it all.. a friend local to you waited 9 months ..
last year ... so its not uncommon ..a lady on her a year back waited 2 years .. one day it just arrived ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...90&postcount=7
Well I hope my husbands arrives soon, so he can calm down a bit. He is both nervous and annoyed.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:57 pm
Ray

Well I hope my husbands arrives soon, so he can calm down a bit. He is both nervous and annoyed.
Even worse you can't get homestead without it ...
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:57 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of Interest, has anyone ever sussed them doing Physical Checks? I reckon I did twice. Once in the UK after my wife applied for the K1 and then over here 2 weeks before my AOS interview. Probably Paranoia, but it stood out.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:59 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Just out of Interest, has anyone ever sussed them doing Physical Checks? I reckon I did twice. Once in the UK after my wife applied for the K1 and then over here 2 weeks before my AOS interview. Probably Paranoia, but it stood out.
No physical checks are made by any UK body that I know off and I know of most of them ..
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:04 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
No physical checks are made by any UK body that I know off and I know of most of them ..
And over here?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

And over here?
I have seen mention of them, but not normal.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:26 pm
Ray

And over here?
Not privy to that info .. but yes it could well happen ...
USCIS have been know to do such things ..
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Post Re: USCIS Security Checks

I doubt that the USCIS makes checks overseas, but I do know that the FBI does, through the Legal Attache's office at the American Embassy. The Legal Attache at any U.S. Embassy is always FBI.

I imagine they consult with Interpol, British Police, and other organisations to determine whether a particular person has been the subject of any investigations, arrests, or whatever.

Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:54 pm

I doubt that the USCIS makes checks overseas, but I do know that the FBI does, through the Legal Attache's office at the American Embassy. The Legal Attache at any U.S. Embassy is always FBI.

I imagine they consult with Interpol, British Police, and other organisations to determine whether a particular person has been the subject of any investigations, arrests, or whatever.

Yes Carol, I'm fully aware that the FBI does, I meant USCIS Field Officers, checking you actually live where you live.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Post Re: USCIS Security Checks

Yes Carol, I'm fully aware that the FBI does, I meant USCIS Field Officers, checking you actually live where you live.
Maybe not USCIS but I would think investigations of that kind would be down to I.C.E.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.