Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA to UK Postage Rates

Wikiposts

USA to UK Postage Rates

Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:21 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA to UK Postage Rates

Originally Posted by Sally
Don't forget it's extra for square ones
Yeah, but (i) they weren't square, and (ii) the other 13 - same size - went without problems. Of all of them, they picked the one to my mum.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Yeah, but (i) they weren't square, and (ii) the other 13 - same size - went without problems. Of all of them, they picked the one to my mum.
Fun isn't it
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I just wack on three stamps always have done since being over here. I read today that our Royal mail is letting all packages go free out to our Boy's in Iraq & Afghanistan "how cool is that"
I wonder if they are still doing that while on strike? I hope so. Not sure if they are still on strike or not but they were for quite some time.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
They will never know..........
oh yes they do here, all that's not right comes straight back including any square envelopes coz they require extra postage

pretty strict here with the postage and letters take a good week to 10 days to get to the uk.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
I wonder if they are still doing that while on strike? I hope so. Not sure if they are still on strike or not but they were for quite some time.
Strike was one day here or there, nothing to fret about.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally
Don't forget it's extra for square ones
haha i've just said that, bless them their machines aren't geared for square bloody envelopes...
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
oh yes they do here, all that's not right comes straight back including any square envelopes coz they require extra postage

pretty strict here with the postage and letters take a good week to 10 days to get to the uk.
Only takes a couple of days from NJ to the UK and from the UK. Last week my MIL posted a VHS tape on Tues...we received it Friday.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
damn ..a whole 45p
errrr no ...90c. we are in the usa.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've just checked and it is 90 cents...oh well I guess I'll have to get myself a load of 'make up' stamps.
you mean you didn't believe reader or dolly
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

Only takes a couple of days from NJ to the UK and from the UK. Last week my MIL posted a VHS tape on Tues...we received it Friday.
yes coming from the uk it takes about 3 to 4 days but going the other way takes much longer for some reason here anyway.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes coming from the uk it takes about 3 to 4 days but going the other way takes much longer for some reason here anyway.
Nope not from her 2 to 3 days normally to the UK...in fact I've received replies back within a week of posting. I mentioned the tape because it's larger and heavier than a normal letter.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Nope not from her 2 to 3 days normally to the UK...in fact I've received replies back within a week of posting. I mentioned the tape because it's larger and heavier than a normal letter.
They must work bloody fast in your neck of the wood's then, I've always found it takes 5 days min from here to the UK and thats if your lucky.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

nope 3 to 4 from the uk but much longer going from here....my OH always said the mail service was crap here and he was always amazed at how efficient our uk postal service is certainly during the 18yrs he lived there. the square envelope business is ridiculous!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
They must work bloody fast in your neck of the wood's then, I've always found it takes 5 days min from here to the UK and thats if your lucky.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

nope 3 to 4 from the uk but much longer going from here....my OH always said the mail service was crap here and he was always amazed at how efficient our uk postal service is certainly during the 18yrs he lived there. the square envelope business is ridiculous!
It's because we have the biggest and bestest in NJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.