Reload this Page >

USA Tax Year

USA Tax Year

Old Jul 5th 2017, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

AndrewKP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA Tax Year

Hi

Can anyone help with the different tax years in the US and UK ?.

I live in the US and plan to sell a property in the UK, so I believe the UK will want the tax and I would file the foreign tax form with the US to avoid double taxation.

The issue is that with the different tax years I must file the US return before the UK tax year finishes, so I cannot see how to pay the UK first.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Tax Year

Warning, I've not got any experience of this and there may be a more elegant solution.

With that said, you could file an extension with the IRS to go past the UK tax year.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Tax Year

You may have some UK tax withheld as a UK non-resident. The rest you can (and should) pay to HMRC by 31 December of the year of sale.