Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA Package Tours

Wikiposts

USA Package Tours

Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:56 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Package Tours

Jet Blue sends info all the time with special deals. Also AmEx does.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:00 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Thanks, don't think we have this in NYC so it is interesting.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veronica jayne
Thanks, don't think we have this in NYC so it is interesting.
Queens, Brooklyn. NJ, couple of miles through Holland tunnel. Of course you have to be a member.
http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/Locator.aspx

Personally booked a couple of trips on AA.com. We got flights, hotel, car for less then we were quoted for the hotel.
http://www.aavacations.com/

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:07 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
whole food type store...
It's more a shopping club store. You have to pay annual membership to buy stuff.

Competitors to Costco are Sam's Club and BJs. There are others I suspect.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:17 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: USA Package Tours

Just thought of another one - the post about AA vacations prompted me to think of the AAA (Automobile Association of America).

I joined a few weeks ago (even though our car is under warranty) purely to get the travel discounts and indeed one of my friends didn't even have a car but joined the AAA for the discounts and trip planning!

The AAA offers and assists in vacation packages in their travel stores and to a limited extent, online (I haven't used them though so can't verify if they're any good or not).

Each State has it's own 'AAA'.

http://www.aaa.com

My AAA card entitles me to discounts of 10% on Amtrak, discounts on the rack rates at the Hilton Hotel group, Best Western, Marriott hotel group, Choice Hotel/Motel group, Hyatt hotels, La Quinta, Starwood hotel group etc.

The card also offers discounts at theme parks, shops and restaurants.

If you're in the UK and borrowing a car belonging to a friend or relative, your AAA card will cover you for roadside repairs too.....I once broke down in my sister's car on the M1 and had left my foreign AA card at home......
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:27 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

The Americans are big on going for many holidays per year for a week as they get so little time. Usually two weeks per year for the first 5 years then 3 weeks. (I worked for a German company on 5th Ave. for about 4 years and got a month per year from the start, very unusual!) Friends of mine have it down to a fine art. they choose a week where there is a bank holiday, so you would only work four days that week anyway, then take 2 personal days and TWO vacation days. You fly the night you finish work and have seven full days in Hawaii for two days vacation. Next bank holiday you take your third personal day (you usually get 3 per year) and 3 days from your vacation and have 7 days in Mexico. There! That is two full weeks hols and you only used up 5 days of your vacation time (plus your personal days) You still have another two weeks to shuffle around! I just worked with two women who spun their three weeks per year into what seemed like a vacation almost every month!!! I loved hearing the explanations, One personal day, Martin Luther King day, a day for the day owed us from the Sunday we had to work and two days vacation time = 7 days in Bermuda!
That is good advice.
Though OH doesn't get personal days only sick days. He can't plan them like personal days.

But he took his holiday last week so only had to take 4 vacation days as he tagged it to a bank holiday.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Are you looking for in or out of the US mainland? Our agency is an AMEX affiliate so we of course do have AMEX Vacations, but we also use Funjet, Apple and Vacation Express to name a few. Also the airlines themselves have vacation packages. You can go to a travel agency, normally they don't put anything onto the cost of these, at least ours and others I know of don't.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:12 am
British New Yorker

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
That is good advice.
Though OH doesn't get personal days only sick days. He can't plan them like personal days.

But he took his holiday last week so only had to take 4 vacation days as he tagged it to a bank holiday.
We got 3 personal days and I think 3 or 4 sick days they can use the sick days as vacation as long as they did not count it on the 'sheet' Just call in sick the day before or the day after! I tell you Bru, they seemed always to be on vacation!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

We got 3 personal days and I think 3 or 4 sick days they can use the sick days as vacation as long as they did not count it on the 'sheet' Just call in sick the day before or the day after! I tell you Bru, they seemed always to be on vacation!
Also www.cheapcaribbean.com has good deals. The add the tax on at the end though, but you can see the total price without whipping out the CC.