Reload this Page >

usa husbands consent to take baby to uk

usa husbands consent to take baby to uk

Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:51 am
Just Joined

newc28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default usa husbands consent to take baby to uk

Hello,

I plan to take our 5 months baby to uk for a visit in a few months. She has a usa passport and I have a uk passport and a permanent usa resident card. My american husband will not be travelling with us. Someone said as he will not be travelling with us he has to fill in a consent form. Does anyone know anything about this and where I would get this form from?

Thanks for any advice,

(-:
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: usa husbands consent to take baby to uk

It's a good idea to get it, just in case your asked...and all it is is a letter that has been notarised, saying something along the lines of "I, bla bla bal, allow so and so, my other half to take our child on holiday to the UK between such and such dates."

Signed and dated by a notary, sorted...and you probably won't even need it.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

newc28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bob. Will do this.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newc28
Thanks bob. Will do this.
Last year my wife and mother-in-law (both USCs) took the kids (dual USCs/UKCs) to England for a holiday.

The immigration staff at BHX gave my wife a really hard time- even though you would think in this case nothing looks suspicious. They called me at 2am to ask if I knew my wife was bringing the kids to the UK!!