Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Video Recorder

US Video Recorder

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

TheWilliamsons is on a distinguished road
Default US Video Recorder

Hi All Does any one have a US video player/recoder that can play british videos if so can you tell me the make and model please thanks all
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Video Recorder

There are some, but there expensive...someone mentioned it in one of the threads already, try a search for dvd players and vhs players...but also, try google
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:47 am
Just Joined

niksha is a jewel in the roughniksha is a jewel in the roughniksha is a jewel in the roughniksha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TheWilliamsons
Hi All Does any one have a US video player/recoder that can play british videos if so can you tell me the make and model please thanks all
I have a samsung sv-5000w and have had it for about 2 years.It not only plays British(pal) tapes but converts them to the USA(ntsc) mode. . I usually watch the tapes from back home and then transfer some of them for my mates.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niksha
I have a samsung sv-5000w and have had it for about 2 years.It not only plays British(pal) tapes but converts them to the USA(ntsc) mode. . I usually watch the tapes from back home and then transfer some of them for my mates.
I have the same model but for about 2.5yrs. No problems with it at all.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 2:44 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I've wanted one for a while but at the cheapest new it's $300 USD, vs a regionless DVD player that you can get for under $100.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 2:46 am
Just Joined

niksha is a jewel in the roughniksha is a jewel in the roughniksha is a jewel in the roughniksha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tony126
I have the same model but for about 2.5yrs. No problems with it at all.
For the money i dont think u can beat it. There is the more expensive model called the panasonic AW-1 but that bugger costs about 4 times the samsung.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

TheWilliamsons is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by niksha
For the money i dont think u can beat it. There is the more expensive model called the panasonic AW-1 but that bugger costs about 4 times the samsung.
Thank you all so much that has pleased my hubby so much and now I can stop selling all the kids videos on ebay LOL