US or Them

Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US or Them

Originally Posted by garfro
just look at you advertising how many days till you finish building your house (the american dream) typical materialistic
what can i say
That my British husband is probably more excited than I am.

Sorry, what's wrong with buying your own house? We had our own house in the UK...actually my husband bought it before I moved over there. In fact all of his family have their own homes....bad people they are.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:41 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
That my British husband is probably more excited than I am.

Sorry, what's wrong with buying your own house? We had our own house in the UK...actually my husband bought it before I moved over there. In fact all of his family have their own homes....bad people they are.
I dont think its the actual house thats the problem but the ticker that is causing angst.

Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well if you mean would I agree 100 percent with what you say? No, nor would I be so dismissive of whether or not I would "get it." That's insulting, it implies I'm not capable of "getting it."
I have not tried to force my viewpoint on you, nor have I charged that you were wrong. I stated my point period.

As for speaking the same language-thank you for pointing that out-for some odd reason I had never glommed onto that fact.

JUST LIKE WATCHING FOX NEWS...FAIR AND BALANCED HJAHAHA
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
glommed? Is that an "Americanism" or a "Cindyism"? I like it either way.

Thanks, its an old Americanism that we use in New England-so a bit of both. It's supposed to be from Scots-in to snatch something.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:42 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

JUST LIKE WATCHING FOX NEWS...FAIR AND BALANCED HJAHAHA
Do you have a cousin named Dan?
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

All im saying is .........oh i give up youll never get it

(some brit will understand me without me even finishing)

my point is just because we speak english we dont speak the same language

Recommendation of the day: Spend a little time here and get to know people before being rude and judgemental.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:43 pm
ImHere

Thanks, its an old Americanism that we use in New England-so a bit of both. It's supposed to be from Scots-in to snatch something.
LOL well I've never heard it before, but its now filed away and ready for the next opportunity for me to "Glom" something.

Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

nothing to do with sex (you jump to conclusions)
i said ask you husbands cos they are both Brits and you both agreed that NY was more diverse than London...I wanted a diferent viewpoint
I think you've taken the title of this thread a bit too personally. It isn't US OR THEM...its all of us. Quit dividing the fence FFS!
ImHere

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Recommendation of the day: Spend a little time here and get to know people before being rude and judgemental.
Why should he be singled out? It seems to be the current method of integration to the site.

Sursum corda

LOL well I've never heard it before, but its now filed away and ready for the next opportunity for me to "Glom" something.

Well don't try it on the wife-it doesn't sound very romantic,
ImHere

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I think you've taken the title of this thread a bit too personally. It isn't US OR THEM...its all of us. Quit dividing the fence FFS!
Erm, I read its U.S or Them. I could be wrong...who started it now?

Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:45 pm
ImHere

Well don't try it on the wife-it doesn't sound very romantic,
Come here love and prepare for a damn good glomming.

Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Why should he be singled out? It seems to be the current method of integration to the site.

No no, you've got it all wrong. We get to be rude to the newcomers, not the other way around. Do try and concentrate.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:46 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
No no, you've got it all wrong. We get to be rude to the newcomers, not the other way around. Do try and concentrate.
Uh? Oooohhhhhhhh. I seeeee. Well, in that case...

Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:46 pm
Sursum corda

Come here love and prepare for a damn good glomming.

Ooooarrrrr me lad she replied.

Yeah, I can see it all now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.