Reload this Page >

US Mobile/Cell Carriers.

US Mobile/Cell Carriers.

Old Dec 27th 2017, 10:36 pm
Banned

SueZ_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US Mobile/Cell Carriers.

Originally Posted by shiversaint
I would strongly caution against using T-Mobile at the minute - they have a flaw in their two factor authentication system which means users are currently being heavily targeted for online banking fraud/scams.
Absolute garbage. In fact, TMUS is one of the few major carriers to implement trusted porting which is one of the easiest ways to target a number used in 2FA.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 11:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueZ_1
Absolute garbage. In fact, TMUS is one of the few major carriers to implement trusted porting which is one of the easiest ways to target a number used in 2FA.
Another new member who has difficulty making polite and understandable posts.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 12:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lansbury
Another new member who has difficulty making polite and understandable posts.
I understood my post just fine. What aspects of it are you having difficulty with?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:38 am
Just Joined

TheFlamingHips is an unknown quantity at this point

2FA?!

I understood my post just fine. What aspects of it are you having difficulty with?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:07 am
Banned

LMGTFY
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:44 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could speak in a language that people in the forum can understand.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StuBear65
2FA = Two factor authentication - the requirement that when you login you need a password (something you know) and some other piece of information based on something you have (a phone, an app on a phone), usually a multi digit code that is used once. Getting the code via a text message is a common method, along with various security applications and secure devices. Good video
that explains it much better than me!

The problem with using text message is if someone is able to "steal" you phone number, a problem that has been proved possible and not unique to t-mobile. Good reddit thread about that happening to a t-mobile customer. And another one that happened to a AT&T customer. I am sure there are plenty more out there for all the providers, they are all based on the same method, tricking a support person into porting your phone number to a new SIM.
A good article on why not to use SMS for second factor authentication (2FA) with you accounts, but you should still use 2FA but using a different method!
Old Dec 28th 2017, 2:30 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

We use T-Mobile. Our particular location has slightly spotty service due to nearby hills and tower placement (eg none in Griffith Park). T-Mobile has provided us with a house signal booster for no charge while we have their service.

T-Mobile is great on international data. It is unlimited albeit at 2G.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 2:34 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I use T-Mobile. 3 lines for $145. One line has international calling/texting.
You could check out https://ting.com/ which is a T-Mobile mvno and much cheaper.
Google voice number for 2 factor authentication and/or international calls
Old Dec 28th 2017, 7:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by StuBear65
Would you like me to Google layman explanations for you also?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:09 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
We use T-Mobile. Our particular location has slightly spotty service due to nearby hills and tower placement (eg none in Griffith Park). T-Mobile has provided us with a house signal booster for no charge while we have their service.

T-Mobile is great on international data. It is unlimited albeit at 2G.
I forgot they gave us a booster too. We also live in a hilly area. The free international data was great whilst son was travelling around EU on his own in the summer enabling him to use google and fb/WhatsApp to call us.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I forgot they gave us a booster too.
Did they? Are you sure it wasn't a femtocell? I'm pretty sure it was a femtocell, given the boosters are junk.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I use T-Mobile. 3 lines for $145. One line has international calling/texting.
You could check out https://ting.com/ which is a T-Mobile mvno and much cheaper.
Google voice number for 2 factor authentication and/or international calls
If you're going to use a TMUS MVNO use MetroPCS.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:15 pm
Austin. TX.

Did they? Are you sure it wasn't a femtocell? I'm pretty sure it was a femtocell, given the boosters are junk.
No idea. They gave us a solution.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:29 pm
Banned

Do you plug the device into your LAN?

BTW - 3 lines for $145 (even including international calling - have you not heard of Google Voice or SIP? You're throwing your money away with it) is a terrible deal. Why didn't you jump on the variety of free line promos they've run the last couple of years, or the 20% hook up codes offered?

Last edited by SueZ_1; Dec 28th 2017 at 10:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.