Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Grand Prix

US Grand Prix

Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Grand Prix

Well I'd certainly be demanding my money back
what a complete and utter farce.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:35 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: US Grand Prix

Originally Posted by Manc

Why, what's happened?
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:41 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Grand Prix

only Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi raced.

6 drivers.

Ecclestone needs to get his own house in order before making disparaging remarks about that lady driver from the Indy 500.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:43 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Sadly the 'sport' is becoming more and more of a farce. Today was merely a symptom of a more serious malaise. F1 is the US is now officially dead.

6 six cars compete in US Grand Prix

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4109556.stm
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Michellin certainly didn't do themselves any favours today did they. I totally understand the teams pulling out if they are told by one of their suppliers that a product it is using, isnt safe. Just last week at the Canadian GP, Bernie was showing around a delegation from Las Vegas with the hope that eventually, there will be two US GP's. Now I think they will struggle to attract fans back to one.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:26 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Now I think they will struggle to attract fans back to one.
Hard to blame them. Remember they have had to endure Ferrari fixing the first race so the M Schumacher took the lead on the final lap.

The next year M Schumacher decides to try and create a dead heat by braking on the finish line so that Rueben could draw level.

And now only six cars start the race because the FIA wouldn't allow new tyres or alterations to the course (vetoed by only one team - the US public loving Ferrari).

Things I like about living in the US: The ease at which I can avoid Formula One.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't blame the FIA. The blame falls squarely on Michellins tyres. Why should the Bridgestone runners or the FIA compromise because they can't get their act together?.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Hubby's there....drove 12 hrs to Indianopolis from PA yesterday...I'm guessing he's going to be drowning his sorrows

We wondered why the US Grand Prix tickets are so much cheaper than the European ones!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:00 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I don't blame the FIA. The blame falls squarely on Michellins tyres. Why should the Bridgestone runners or the FIA compromise because they can't get their act together?.
Whilst I agree with your statement to a certain extent, but common sense should have prevailed for the good of the sport.

R Schumachers tyres exploded and it could not be explained. When lives are at stake it is prudent not to take chances so let Michelin fly in new, safer tyres.

- Couldn't the Michelin runners not have been dropped down the grid behind Bridgestone?
- Couldn't the Michelin runners serve a 20 second stop go penalty to be taken at their discretion by lap 30?

Of course, allowing Michelin runners to circumnavigate the rules and ship in news tyres would have probably opened the FIA up to legal action by the likes of Ferrari. So they are in a rock and a hard place. But again, for the sake of the sport and the spectators compromise should have been reached.

Bernie has created a monster that requires slaying!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

I am not in a position to judge Michelin's advice not to race, but the only Dutch F1 driver, Christijan Albers, managed to finish fifth, thus claiming his first 4 points.....
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:33 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: US Grand Prix

Ah, more detailed info is here. Not good is it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4109604.stm
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ah, more detailed info is here. Not good is it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4109604.stm
Hubby says that officials at the race were telling them they would get a refund...I think more to pacify irate fans...when he got back to his hotel room the news said that the organizers were only considering offering refunds. Can't see him going back to another US F1 in a hurry...maybe Canada next year!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:43 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Originally Posted by Lottie
Hubby says that officials at the race were telling them they would get a refund...I think more to pacify irate fans...when he got back to his hotel room the news said that the organizers were only considering offering refunds. Can't see him going back to another US F1 in a hurry...maybe Canada next year!
To be frank, F1 doesnt deserve his custom.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chandler
To be frank, F1 doesnt deserve his custom.
I agree, although something tells me he'll still be going somewhere to watch F1 next year! Definition of insanity:

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!"
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:13 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I went as last year we moved house in the same weekend and had been looking forward to the race as it was the first race since Barca 2002 I had attended.

Bottom line: Michelin ****ed up.

this is not ferraris fault - why should they be penalised when they did their job right and the competitor didn't?

Michelin brought the wrong tires to the race, Bridgestone didn't.

The only michelin driver who came out NOT looking like a nonce was old square jaw - david coulthard of all people. Apparently a plea to race was heard from him just before the cards were ordered off the grid. He has subsequently been slapped down by various parties

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.