Reload this Page >

US Driving License/I-94 date - help

US Driving License/I-94 date - help

Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:13 am
Just Joined

kevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US Driving License/I-94 date - help

Originally Posted by AlanR
State-by-state regulations - hence the cryptic response from fatbrit. In MA one can drive up to 12 months on a UK license IF they are not resident (i.e. a visitor)
If resident then a license is needed.

Ok, I guess I'm technically not a vistor, but I'm also not a resident yet.... I've sent off my aos package, and still waiting. So does this mean I can drive? Where I am has the same 12 month rule as MA. I just wonder, even though I'm not a resident, being stopped by the police and getting in trouble for driving as I have a K1 visa and not actually visiting, but living here.

thanks
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:16 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevy
Ok, I guess I'm technically not a vistor, but I'm also not a resident yet....
You think residency has just one definition. It doesn't!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You think residency has just one definition. It doesn't!

If you've not got anything constructive to add, other than acting like an condesending ass, keep it too yourself..... that's twice now, what's your problem!? I'm unsure, of what I'm allowed with my situation, and don't need your attitude!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:36 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

If you've not got anything constructive to add, other than acting like an condesending ass, keep it too yourself..... that's twice now, what's your problem!? I'm unsure, of what I'm allowed with my situation, and don't need your attitude!
Condesending is spelt with a "c" in the middle.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Condesending is spelt with a "c" in the middle.

Thank you, you've again, proven my point!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:48 am
Septicity

Thank you, you've again, proven my point!
But we haven't found a solution to your problem -- mainly because you won't even tell us which state you live in!

BTW, the second comma in your sentence shouldn't have been there.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:52 am
Just Joined

But we haven't found a solution to your problem -- mainly because you won't even tell us which state you live in!

BTW, the second comma in your sentence shouldn't have been there.
It doesn't matter what state. It has the 12 month rule for a uk licence.

BTW, when you were correcting my spelling, you never put my incorrect word in quotes.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get your drivers license by showing your unexpired I-94. You'll be issued a license with that expiration date. If you don't have your EAD by that time, try going to the DMV again and explaining this...when this happened to my husband, they gave him a new State ID (he didn't apply for a license, but same rules apply) valid until the expiration of the K-1 visa. By that time, he had his 1-year EAD, and we went again to DMV and he got another ID valid for until the expiration of the EAD. We had to do this one more time when he got on his second EAD. Then he got his conditional green card and they issued an ID valid until the expiration of that. Now he has his 10-year green card, but hasn't yet gone back to DMV to update his ID again.

It will mean several trips to DMV, but it can be done.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:26 pm
Septicity

It doesn't matter what state. It has the 12 month rule for a uk licence.
But what does it say about residents?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:45 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can get your drivers license by showing your unexpired I-94. You'll be issued a license with that expiration date.
How do we know which state he's in, Rene? If he won't answer that question, any answer is just a guess.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he say Florida early on? And maybe moving to New England later on - hence my posting on MA regulations and the link.

I am in Florida and their info is at http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/faqkeys.html
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Where he means he or she...... With "mjd" could be either I suppose...
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:54 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by AlanR
Didn't he say Florida early on? And maybe moving to New England later on - hence my posting on MA regulations and the link.

I am in Florida and their info is at http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/faqkeys.html
Mjd is in Florida. "Kevy" isn't saying but expects a straight answer.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK - I see the confusion now. Thread gets hijacked and it needs a detective to sort it out!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

At least you're on the ball Mr. Fatbrit...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.