Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Claims to Fame

US Claims to Fame

Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:46 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Claims to Fame

I've just remembered another claim to fame. Whoopie Goldberg has a summer place here and to pass the time works as a barmaid in a local place. It's weird to have her serving your wine and beer but there ya go.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Who?
American football player for the Chicago Bears. Was part of the winning Superbowl team in 1985 (err I think). He was a well-known philanthropist, generous and kind to a fault. He died of some rare cancer (I forget which, oops) a few years ago.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting stuff - thanks!

A couple more from me - this time nearer to home - just down the road in fact.
Earl P. Halliburton started his now world famous (or infamous?) oil services business in Duncan, Oklahoma many years ago.
The main parts of it were moved out to Houston a few years ago ( the town fathers must have been less than pleased!)
and
Duncan has the Largest Garage Sale in the World - on a date in July I think, when (apparently) every house has a garage sale, and the place is heaving.
Must make a note to be out of town that day!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

We live about 500 yards from the route that Washington and his troops marched and about a mile from Princeton Battlefield. Washington Crossing is about 5 miles away where Washington crossed the Delaware River and defeated the Brits.

Also Grovers Mill which is the landing site in War of the Worlds is about 4 miles away from us.

A Beautiful Mind was filmed in Princeton and the Fox series House was based in Princeton too.

That's all I know about this area.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Hillsborough Va......

The birthplace of the mother of the Wright Brothers.... clutching at straws indeed.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

The Last battle of the American revolution was fought, just across the street from where I live, In Yorktown Virginia, Oh and the first Expats that ever came over here, lived just up the road in the Jamestown settlement.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:47 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by britvic
The Last battle of the American revolution was fought, just across the street from where I live, In Yorktown Virginia, ...
Did you watch it from your porch? I bet it caused havoc with the rush hour traffic.

Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: US Claims to Fame

Originally Posted by ImHere
Did you watch it from your porch? I bet it caused havoc with the rush hour traffic.
Classic !!!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, there always doing those reinactments here.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:33 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by britvic
LOL, there always doing those reinactments here.
We have the medieval re-enactments here...loads of large Americans walking round in doublets and cassocks calling each other "sire" in crap Alan Rickman impressions. Very unsettling.

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:08 am
Accepted Everywhere

SeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant future

Utica, NY.......Why wait till death
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:09 am
Accepted Everywhere

SeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SeveredNeurons
Utica, NY.......Why wait till death
City of Possibilities......apparently
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:19 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by SeveredNeurons
City of Possibilities......apparently
Are you ok? What about the other one of you?

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:47 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Boca Raton here in Palm Beach County is apparently the Spam Capital of the world...and not the tinned variety either, which is nice at least all the spam mail I get doesnt have far to go to get to me.
Yours is a claim to infamy, don't you think?

NC Penguin
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:39 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Yours is a claim to infamy, don't you think?

NC Penguin

Tis the best I could find. Oh that and Donald Trump has a place in West palm Beach up t'road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.