Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Citizenship.

US Citizenship.

Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:12 pm
Banned

cdandi will become famous soon enoughcdandi will become famous soon enough
Default US Citizenship.

I'm curious to know how long the process takes to get US Citizenship.

I will be eligible to apply in 2006 and I plan on leaving the US directly after getting citizenship. However, I have just heard that the process can take up to 2 years from NYC :scared: What have been your experiences?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of
Default Re: US Citizenship.

Originally Posted by cdandi

I will be eligible to apply in 2006 and I plan on leaving the US directly after getting citizenship. However, I have just heard that the process can take up to 2 years from NYC :scared: What have been your experiences?

I applied in April 2004 and took my oath swearing ceremony on September 17th 2004. This through the Los Angeles office. I understand, however, that it can vary by office.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:46 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

I asked this question recently and one of the moderators closed it down, so I couldn't tell you
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Check the dates with your local office here for N400 applications.. but note they are just a rough guide.....
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...d=et9L273C84h5
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:17 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=cdandi]I'm curious to know how long the process takes to get US Citizenship.

< 6 months in Atlanta, start to finish. Easiest dealins with BCIS I ever had. Once you qualify, it's a breeze.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

VFRpilot is on a distinguished road

My wife and I applied at the same time. Hers took about 9 months and mine 2 years, and then only after I got my congressman involved. We are in NJ and ended up being processed through the Newark office.