Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Birth Abroad

US Birth Abroad

Old May 10th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

MummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really niceMummaLitt is just really nice
Default US Birth Abroad

I've been lurking around these forums for a little while and I must say they have answered quiet a few questions we've had regarding my husbands visa process. I'm not sure if anyone here can help with my current question but i'm not real sure where else to ask....

I'm a USC married to a UKC, living in UK. Our son was born in January. I have the appointment to register his birth abroad in June.

I know that at the one appointment we will be able to take care of
1. Birth Abroad certificate
2. Social Security Number
3. Passport

My question involves all the stupid forms I need to fill out.
The problem i'm having is with the Passport form. It requires that you fill in your SS#. But he wont have a SS# until that day. What do I fill in?

A few other questions that are probably just silly....
As he is only 4 months old and still has no hair, what do I fill in for "Hair Color"? And what about "Height"?
Old May 10th 2008, 12:13 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: US Birth Abroad

Originally Posted by MummaLitt
I've been lurking around these forums for a little while and I must say they have answered quiet a few questions we've had regarding my husbands visa process. I'm not sure if anyone here can help with my current question but i'm not real sure where else to ask....

I'm a USC married to a UKC, living in UK. Our son was born in January. I have the appointment to register his birth abroad in June.

3. Passport

The problem i'm having is with the Passport form. It requires that you fill in your SS#. But he wont have a SS# until that day. What do I fill in?

As he is only 4 months old and still has no hair, what do I fill in for "Hair Color"? And what about "Height"?
You might want to try asking on uk-yankee.com for answers to your questions - there are a lot of people who have gone through this there.
Old May 10th 2008, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Birth Abroad

Originally Posted by MummaLitt

3. Passport

When you go to the US Embassy in London you will get a SSN for your little one, and on the same day they'll give you the passport. I don't remember having issues with providing a SSN because obviously you haven't received it yet and I'm sure they will help you there (US Embassy) to fill out the forms.

And yes I agree - try joining UK Yankee (try Googling it ) there are lots of American Expats that can answer your questions. Don't go to American Expats.com as they charge for you to become a member.

Good luck!