Reload this Page >

US B2 VISA Question

US B2 VISA Question

Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

heavenceo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US B2 VISA Question

hi

my wife got her b2 visa at new delhi and she "might" think she has a warrant for shoplifting in the US and is afraid of being detained at the port of entry we are traveling for Christmas.

would they have issued the b2 visa if she had a warrant in the US? because she might just be paranoid and we don't want to throw the money on a lawyer for this. thanks
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US B2 VISA Question

Originally Posted by heavenceo
my wife got her b2 visa at new delhi...
In another post you indicated your wife was a UK citizen. Why would she need a B-2 visa from New Delhi?

would they have issued the b2 visa if she had a warrant in the US?
They might have, yes... especially if whatever incident was not disclosed on the application!

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In another post you indicated your wife was a UK citizen. Why would she need a B-2 visa from New Delhi?

They might have, yes... especially if whatever incident was not disclosed on the application!

Ian
Yes, cannot use waiver as she overstayed by 3 days in the past reason why Ian
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
i thought a background check was run at the embassy, crazy they do not check applicants for warrants
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

my wife got her b2 visa at new delhi and she "might" think she has a warrant for shoplifting in the US and is afraid of being detained at the port of entry we are traveling for Christmas.
How long ago was the shoplifting incident? If did not follow through by appearing at any required court dates, it there could be a warrant out for her arrest. If that's the case, then she could be detained at the POE.

would they have issued the b2 visa if she had a warrant in the US?
Yes, if she didn't declare the incident when she applied for the B-2.

... because she might just be paranoid and we don't want to throw the money on a lawyer for this. thanks
Might be worth "throwing money on a lawyer" now, to find out for sure, rather than throwing MORE money on a lawyer if she gets detained at the POE...not to mention ruining the holiday.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i thought a background check was run at the embassy, crazy they do not check applicants for warrants
Background checks are run for immigrant visas. I'm not sure if they are run for tourist visas.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Background checks are run for immigrant visas. I'm not sure if they are run for tourist visas.

Rene
I thought for non immigrant too!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:49 pm

I thought for non immigrant too!
Could be. As I said, I don't know for sure.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... crazy they do not check applicants for warrants
How would the US federal government know that a local town judge ordered an arrest warrant on a shoplifting charge? This presupposes an almost unimaginable level of interagency cooperation at the local, state, federal, and international level... something that is far beyond the scope of a simple B-2 visitor visa!

Bottom line - if she's worried she'll be arrested, then she shouldn't travel. Simple!

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

hi

would they have issued the b2 visa if she had a warrant in the US? because she might just be paranoid and we don't want to throw the money on a lawyer for this. thanks
Have a look at this old post by one of our members who is an immigration attorney.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/to...curity-checks/

Interesting wonder if that applies to niv visas too
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:15 pm

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/to...curity-checks/

Interesting wonder if that applies to niv visas too
Yes, Administrative Processing can be applied to ALL visa cases...both immigrant and non-immigrant.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2013, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

This is quite some info that clarified my concerns

http://www.fwhonglaw.com/imm/admissi..._iv_applns.pdf
Old Dec 10th 2013, 12:22 am
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

Something a bit odd about this whole situation overstaying, applying for visas in different countries to where the passport issued, a ?shoplifting record all seems very off the wall. Sure ian has seen worse though :P
Old Dec 10th 2013, 12:45 am
Just Joined

nothing odd just life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.