British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Urgent question about wife who bailed out (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/urgent-question-about-wife-who-bailed-out-883122/)

moneypenny20 Sep 17th 2016 9:03 am

Re: Urgent question about wife who bailed out

For no other reason than my nosiness, if she comes back when she said she would, and says it was all a mistake and she's very sorry, would you take her back?

Pulaski Sep 17th 2016 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12054609)
For no other reason than my nosiness, if she comes back when she said she would, and says it was all a mistake and she's very sorry, would you take her back?

In other words, could you ever trust her again?

BEVS Sep 17th 2016 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12054745)
In other words, could you ever trust her again?

Rather. I have been wondering about this.

Seems not a way to go given there are kids involved. Keep them safe above all else. So it would tell me this chap has already made the necessary precautions and already actioned the necessary orders etc to protect the kids.

Rete Sep 17th 2016 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Shirtback (Post 12054383)
Yeah, this.

And to the OP, I'd add you should already have researched/applied for an emergency custody order (that's not the official legal term anymore, but your solicitor will know what I mean) for the children.

Otherwise, there are a few 'red flags' Glaring at me in this story...

As stated in a prior part of this thread, he has seen a solicitor and is getting everything in order.

If you see red flags, then why have you not pointed them out? Many have been pointed out to the OP but perhaps you have seen others that people have missed when you read through the entire thread.

Shirtback Sep 17th 2016 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12054831)
As stated in a prior part of this thread, he has seen a solicitor and is getting everything in order.

If you see red flags, then why have you not pointed them out? Many have been pointed out to the OP but perhaps you have seen others that people have missed when you read through the entire thread.

I have. Albeit not publicly. Nor do I expect the OP to post all details publicly.

Some of the red flags I see might be subjective, and coloured by personal experience & opinion. It's a very serious topic (the children's welfare) IMO, & I'm trying to keep "opinion" out of it & stick to facts. I have read the whole thread, & intend to re-read it to make sure I'm not misreading.

Pulaski Sep 17th 2016 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12054831)
.... If you see red flags, then why have you not pointed them out? Many have been pointed out to the OP but perhaps you have seen others that people have missed when you read through the entire thread.

Agreed, 100%. Alluding to concerns and not pointing them out is at best unhelpful, and is probably only going to cause the OP additional stress.

Worse, I was left wondering if Shirtback had seen "red flags" in the OP's posts and was casting doubt on the completeness and veracity of his posts. :unsure:

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 17th 2016 7:05 pm

I think we all do it, you see a post which inevitable leaves a lot of very pertinent information out and you sort of fill in the gaps, or try an tease out information, which often is not forthcoming.

So that raises red flags with out being able to exactly state what they are.

Pulaski Sep 17th 2016 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12054981)
..... So that raises red flags with out being able to exactly state what they are.

I think Schroedinger would understand. :unsure:

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 17th 2016 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12054993)

Meow

But I like the analogy.

Hotscot Sep 18th 2016 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12054993)

And he scores another!
:getcoat:

lansbury Sep 18th 2016 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12052270)
Consider applying under the Children Act 1989 in any court for:

a prohibited steps order;
The police may put in place a Port Alert although with the volume of traffic at air and channel ports these are of doubtful efficacy;

I have just seen this post and the misinformation posted in it. Getting a prohibited steps order is one of the biggest mistakes solicitors make. It is a civil order and contains no powers on which police can act. Indeed I have watched children taken from the country where a solicitor has made such a mistake. The ONLY 2 things that will give a police officer at a port power to act is a criminal allegation of Sec 1 Child Abduction, or an order from The High Court. A High Court judge will normally back their order with a power of arrest, or if they forget the Tipstaff will have that power added very quickly.

Maintaining the nation child abduction warning list was part of my job for a good few years. While is isn't foolproof the writer of that advice clearly has no knowledge of how it is used or circulated, something which isn't publicly disclosed to make it hard to circumvent. There are strict criteria to having a child put on the list, which makes it current, accurate and hence useful.

eg76 Sep 20th 2016 12:43 pm

Quite interested to know if she came back.....

maritimesbob Sep 20th 2016 2:39 pm

She arrived back in the UK early hours Monday morning at Mancherster, met by her father who gave her a piece of his mind. She broke down in a heap, refused to leave the terminal and demanded to return to Texas and never wants to see her dad again. The trigger for this was he told her that the parole board had been contacted and all information had been forwarded.

This isn't entirely true as I never proceeded with the parole board. It does show me her tunnel vision focus on this man and nothing else. She never asked about her children.

During her stopover at Washington she admitted to being very close to turning back to Houston as she knew what was waiting for her.

She is now staying with her family refusing to leave the room she is sleeping in. I've had a mixture of messages attacking me, and now it's old "sorry for everything I ever did to you"! In the meantime my father-in-law has told me she is 24/7 on the whatsapp phone to her ex-con in Texas pleading for some help! I'm guessing that's not gone well and now is begging to me to help.

What a mess.

The school have been wonderful and offering what help they can including talking to my children if need be. In the meantime I have another appointment with the local police who have taken quite the interest in this sorry affair.

My wife has confirmed to her father, the letters, the deceipt everything is true and she has royally screwed up her life big time.

I suggested to her family she needs professional help and not to be shut away. But my focus is myself and the kids, not what is going on up there.

No, in my eyes what has happened is unforgivable. I can't trust her after all this.

Pulaski Sep 20th 2016 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by maritimesbob (Post 12057032)
She arrived back in the UK early hours Monday morning at Mancherster, met by her father who gave her a piece of his mind. She broke down in a heap, refused to leave the terminal and demanded to return to Texas and never wants to see her dad again. The trigger for this was he told her that the parole board had been contacted and all information had been forwarded.

This isn't entirely true as I never proceeded with the parole board. It does show me her tunnel vision focus on this man and nothing else. She never asked about her children.

During her stopover at Washington she admitted to being very close to turning back to Houston as she knew what was waiting for her.

She is now staying with her family refusing to leave the room she is sleeping in. I've had a mixture of messages attacking me, and now it's old "sorry for everything I ever did to you"! In the meantime my father-in-law has told me she is 24/7 on the whatsapp phone to her ex-con in Texas pleading for some help! I'm guessing that's not gone well and now is begging to me to help.

What a mess.

The school have been wonderful and offering what help they can including talking to my children if need be. In the meantime I have another appointment with the local police who have taken quite the interest in this sorry affair.

My wife has confirmed to her father, the letters, the deceipt everything is true and she has royally screwed up her life big time.

I suggested to her family she needs professional help and not to be shut away. But my focus is myself and the kids, not what is going on up there.

No, in my eyes what has happened is unforgivable. I can't trust her after all this.

Thanks for the update, but I am sorry to hear that everything so far turned out to have happened as predicted. :(

Stay strong, and stay safe, and don't cave to appeals for "help" or reconciliation, at least not for a very long time.

maritimesbob Sep 20th 2016 2:48 pm

Lol was kind of hoping she stayed out there now :D