Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Undecided......

Wikiposts

Undecided......

Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Undecided......

Probably worth getting more info on the visa situation and posting questions about the visa in the visa section of this site...that'll probably be the biggest deciding factor
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:50 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, those expensive catholic schools make me want to return from the USA pronto.

Last edited by Manc; Feb 6th 2008 at 10:53 am.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Becko-Malecko is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I know little about the kind of visas you are discussing, however, amen to the get a reeaally good immigration lawyer. Always better safe than sorry. As for the lifestyle, etc, we moved here with a 3yr old and a 3 month old just over a year ago,. Aside from missing friends, it has been great. Our quality of life is so much better (and we were doing well before) and I wouldn't change it for anything. Having said that, everyone is different and ours was a permanent move from the beginning so perhaps it was easier to acclimatise? After educating yourself about visa's, I would say go with your gut! Good luck! Oh, by the way, when I was little a freak tornado went through a neighbouring village and took a roof off one of the flint cottages, so anything can happen anywhere!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becko-Malecko
Well, I know little about the kind of visas you are discussing, however, amen to the get a reeaally good immigration lawyer. Always better safe than sorry. As for the lifestyle, etc, we moved here with a 3yr old and a 3 month old just over a year ago,. Aside from missing friends, it has been great. Our quality of life is so much better (and we were doing well before) and I wouldn't change it for anything. Having said that, everyone is different and ours was a permanent move from the beginning so perhaps it was easier to acclimatise? After educating yourself about visa's, I would say go with your gut! Good luck! Oh, by the way, when I was little a freak tornado went through a neighbouring village and took a roof off one of the flint cottages, so anything can happen anywhere!
Hi, and dwelcome to BE! I'm glad you are enjoying you new life here.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nottinghill
I have just read on BBC on that latest storm in southern states of US. You see, this is what I mean by saying that I am undecided if we should stay or go.
I'd rather face any tornado, huricane, flood or earthquake than move back to a country that is afraid to upset the Islamic imigrants .... GRRR
If they don't like the way British live they can f**k of back
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I'd rather face any tornado, huricane, flood or earthquake than move back to a country that is afraid to upset the Islamic imigrants .... GRRR
If they don't like the way British live they can f**k of back
Ah - but they may not be able to go back, no?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Half the problem is that the Islamic immigrants aren't even bothered by the stuff they try to ban. They are more upset about the fact that everyone tries to give them special treatment when they don't ask for it, then everyone's up in arms when they ask for help with a legitimate issue.
How are you supposed to integrate when everyone keeps trying to keep you separate?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Half the problem is that the Islamic immigrants aren't even bothered by the stuff they try to ban. They are more upset about the fact that everyone tries to give them special treatment when they don't ask for it, then everyone's up in arms when they ask for help with a legitimate issue.
How are you supposed to integrate when everyone keeps trying to keep you separate?
Do not worry.

The Archbishop of Canterbury has it all in hand.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Do not worry.

The Archbishop of Canterbury has it all in hand.
...according to the sun!! ... "Bash the Bishop"
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
...according to the sun!! ... "Bash the Bishop"
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I wasn't sure as to who would understand the Sun's headline

I nearly DIED when I heard it mentioned on Radio 4 this morning!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wasn't sure as to who would understand the Sun's headline

I nearly DIED when I heard it mentioned on Radio 4 this morning!
I have to wonder if they intended the double entendre - or it escaped their notice.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tracym
I have to wonder if they intended the double entendre - or it escaped their notice.
LOL - it's The Sun, so it was definitely meant.

As for Radio 4, I think that they also knew the double meaning, and were able to get away with it because they were quoting that esteemed paper
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL - it's The Sun, so it was definitely meant.

As for Radio 4, I think that they also knew the double meaning, and were able to get away with it because they were quoting that esteemed paper
Love it!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Radio 5 man myself, especially since I got these USB powered Phillips speakers for $20 from Wallyworld.

I have probably just missed it, but am surprised the US Media have not run with it.

He reminds me of a few people I went to school with, very intelligent, but really should not be let out on their own.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Feb 9th 2008 at 1:03 am.