Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uncircumcised babies in America..

Uncircumcised babies in America..

Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

chch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
Good news for some...July 1st, The state of Florida will no longer pay for circumsisions through Medicaid, as it is considered medically uneccessary.
That's good.. I've heard that that is happening in other states too, and even private insurers are starting to deny coverage.

Apparently the whole mass circumcision thing started back in Victorian times because they thought it would prevent masturbation..
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Uncircumcised babies in America..

Originally posted by ray6
Good news for some...July 1st, The state of Florida will no longer pay for circumsisions through Medicaid, as it is considered medically uneccessary.
OK.... The money they will save will be the 'tip' of the iceberg ?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
OK.... The money they will save will be the 'tip' of the iceberg ?
Or the thin end of the wedge..?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:51 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chch
That's good.. I've heard that that is happening in other states too, and even private insurers are starting to deny coverage.

Apparently the whole mass circumcision thing started back in Victorian times because they thought it would prevent masturbation..

For the amount that are done you think they would get them at a snip!
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Sigh.....takes stage hook and snares all three of you jokers!! lol!

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 4:46 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jabba1
As I said, I have no regrets whatsoever as to having been "cut", nor does my girlfriend.
My USC husband says this too, but really, as you have never known different, how do you know how much sensitivity you've lost? Only a man circumcized in adulthood would be able to comment fairly, and men who've had this done say that there is a definite loss of sensation.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by MrsLondon
My USC husband says this too, but really, as you have never known different, how do you know how much sensitivity you've lost? Only a man circumcized in adulthood would be able to comment fairly, and men who've had this done say that there is a definite loss of sensation.
Personally speaking I never noticed much difference when I had one due to being diabetic. ( Long story lol)

Mind u, many would argue I was never that sensitive a guy anyway !
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Even leaving aside the question of loss of sensitivity, the fact that doctors are profiting from performing an unnecessary, painful and unanaesthetized procedure (and babies are MORE sensitive to pain than adults) is pretty sickening.

And in most cases the doctors themselves suggest it to the parents! I think it's downright unethical to impose what is essentially irreversible body modification on an unconsenting patient.

I'd better not post on this topic again - you must all think I'm some kind of circumcision obsessed crank! But it does make me so sad to think about all those poor babies suffering for no reason...
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:19 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Even leaving aside the question of loss of sensitivity, the fact that doctors are profiting from performing an unnecessary, painful and unanaesthetized procedure (and babies are MORE sensitive to pain than adults) is pretty sickening.

And in most cases the doctors themselves suggest it to the parents! I think it's downright unethical to impose what is essentially irreversible body modification on an unconsenting patient.

I'd better not post on this topic again - you must all think I'm some kind of circumcision obsessed crank! But it does make me so sad to think about all those poor babies suffering for no reason...
I'll second all that. To me it's no different to docking a dog's tail or declawing a cat. For God's sake, all body parts were given for a purpose!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

gonecountry is an unknown quantity at this point

chchchchc soo soo true...
paranoid about genitals!!!!
and body hair..
god i feel ashamed if i don't shave my legs daily.. and when my 14 year old son had his school medical he got the lecture about his uncircumcised bits ..i could have died right there and then on his behalf.. the doctor thought i was crazy hiding behind the curtain whilse se examined those bits but geex hes amost an sult he doesn't want his mum examining his bits too... i just hate american doctors full stop.
Ginny
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 10:55 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

"vaginal deodorants"
I thought those were for the benefit of us men (or lesbians). Sorry, folks (if this offends you, you should have seen my first draft of this post!).
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Jabba1
As I said, I have no regrets whatsoever as to having been "cut", nor does my girlfriend.
'Jabba the 'cut' LOL ha hahah ha.... ahem..... sorry.......

(note to self... that's not funny).
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Top thread!

I had no idea that it was 'normal' practice in the US!!! I'm so suprised to discover this... I always wondered why John Wayne walked like that!!!
I just always thought it was a religious choice and in rare cases where there was some sort of health benefit to be had.
No way would I have considered removing anything from my Son. It's his body, not mine - what right would I have to make that decision for him?
Out of interest, doesn't it hurt when you wear jeans and it rubs etc??? Isn't it uncomfortable?
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

loopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud ofloopsta29 has much to be proud of

Hi I have a baby boy, I went back to Britain to have him and my then boyfirnd now husband is a US citizen wanted him circumsized, I didn't he couldn't find any professional who would do circumsition in the UK, we came back to the US and went to a US doctor and she told us that we should be pulling our 8mth olds foreskin back every time we change him, Thank god my mum is a Health Visitor and couldn't believe the ancient ways and how doing such a thing can cause scaring.
I think the US has a lot to learn.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:51 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by loopsta29
Hi I have a baby boy, I went back to Britain to have him and my then boyfirnd now husband is a US citizen wanted him circumsized, I didn't he couldn't find any professional who would do circumsition in the UK.
I should hope not. It's mutilation with no justification in the UK. (IMHO)

My father was circumcised as a baby but he was born in Rhodesia and it was done there for health reasons given the climate. (sweating leads to fungal infections etc) There was no question of it being done to me.

we came back to the US and went to a US doctor and she told us that we should be pulling our 8mth olds foreskin back every time we change him, Thank god my mum is a Health Visitor and couldn't believe the ancient ways and how doing such a thing can cause scaring.
I think the US has a lot to learn.
I'm glad I only make girl sperm. My stepson (9) isn't circumscised even though he is a USC and his father wanted it done - but my wife refused.

Uncut men in the USA are unusual - I had a USC girlfriend many years ago and neither she or my wife had ever <cough>met</cough> a man who wasn't until me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.