UK VPN

Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

mikethecameraman has a spectacular aura aboutmikethecameraman has a spectacular aura aboutmikethecameraman has a spectacular aura about
Default UK VPN

Hello....

Just a quick one if I may...

In the psat I have downloaded a couple of UK tv programmes from UKNOVA..

Just followed a link to UKiVPN.... as I understand it... if I sign up for a UK VPN .. I would be able to watch programmes on BBCiplayer as it would be fooled into thinking I was online in the UK..

Is that right... does here do that?

thanks

M
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK VPN

Originally Posted by mikethecameraman
Hello....

Just a quick one if I may...

In the psat I have downloaded a couple of UK tv programmes from UKNOVA..

Just followed a link to UKiVPN.... as I understand it... if I sign up for a UK VPN .. I would be able to watch programmes on BBCiplayer as it would be fooled into thinking I was online in the UK..

Is that right... does here do that?

thanks

M
Save your money......join up with thebox.bz
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A UK VPN site or proxy would do it, but it depends on the bandwidth, some just don't offer enough to make it worth streaming tele.

Check out p2p sites though, but the big one has stopped putting links to premiership games, which is a shame.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:27 am
Just Joined

mikethecameraman has a spectacular aura aboutmikethecameraman has a spectacular aura aboutmikethecameraman has a spectacular aura about

Hey...

Thanks guys..

m
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:07 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

I do this sometimes (via our UK VPN) if there's a game on 5live I want to listen to. TV streaming can be problematic. At least for me
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

ExPatDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: UK VPN

I signed up with UKiVPN and it streams iPlayer (as well as all the others: ITV, C4 catch up, Zattoo, etc) perfectly. There are several similar services, but this was the cheapest. Definitely recommended.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I still say use uknova.com or thebox.bz. Between them they have virtually everything that is shown on British TV. And they are free.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:31 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Hutch has a great secrtion on his blog about this. Ok he's in Aus, but it's absolutly relavent no matter where you are!

http://www.thatstheplan.com/?page_id=211

Graham
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:07 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I use a VPN (not through that company though) and it works just great. I get some buffering now and then watching live telly, but nothing traumatic - I put that down more to the fact that I need to upgrade the PC I'm using to watch it on, rather than the VPN connection itself. I use a Shuttle XPC with a 64MB ATi graphics card hooked into a regular tube telly. Mate of mine has a newer XPC PC with a much better GFX card, better CPU, more RAM etc and he has no problems at all on his 42" widescreen jobbie. Similarly, if I'm watching on my laptop, I have no live buffering issues anywhere in the house.

Obviously, if I download from iPlayer/4OD then there's no buffering at all.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Mr Spouse is an unknown quantity at this point

The whole issue of international TV rights is a bit of a grey area. Is it more morally correct to use a VPN to pretend to be in the UK than to use P2P, which is definitely infringing copyright?

I have a connection to a UK business VPN so I can get whatever I need and it works fine on my intel Macbook, though I do have to use Windows for the C4 DRM protected stuff.

There are also bandwidth issues with P2P sites like UKNova and thebox, which will kick you out if you don't seed enough. I don't keep my laptop connected to t'internet 24/7 or anywhere near long enough to do justice to P2P. There is also ISP monitoring to consider.

@bob, have you heard of the Spanish site www.rojadirecta.com? Links to P2P and flash video streaming of {cough} sporting events...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Spouse

@bob, have you heard of the Spanish site www.rojadirecta.com? Links to P2P and flash video streaming of {cough} sporting events...
Not seen that before so nice, will have to check that out cheers
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
I still say use uknova.com or thebox.bz. Between them they have virtually everything that is shown on British TV. And they are free.
and illegal...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:58 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
and illegal...
Party pooper.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Party pooper.
I know...but sadly it's true.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
and illegal...
Please explain the illegality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.