UK to USA visa help

UK to USA visa help

Old Jun 17th 2013, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

UKtoUSSpark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to USA visa help

Hello,

New to the Forum world!

I just need a bit of information and guidance from experienced or knowledgable individuals who have made the move from UK to USA.

I'll write a little bit about myself first. I have always had a dream of working and living in America. Therefore in Summer of 2012 I decided to travel across the States to see if I did decide to move where I would live, but also enjoying the wonderful sites! After 3 months I came home and decided on Phoenix, Arizona. I fell in love. I am currently an Electrician with 4 years experience, 1 year fully qualified. I have no family/ girlfriend commitments so ready to make the move. I have no debts, full clean licence for more than 5 years, taxes and bills been paid on time every time! My aim would be to work for an electrical company doing commercial or residential work in the Phoenix, Scottsdale area ( maybe wider as I don't want to be picky!). Also currently at the age and time of my life where I feel I can make this step confidently!

I am therefore wondering how my situation would work. I have been told too many different views on visas for electricians over in America. Example, "yes you can get a visa & no you can't as there not accepting anymore.

If anybody could give me a list of stages of how things work that would be perfect. What I need to do?
Who I need to contact?
How I can start the process?
How the process works?
But also is it possible? By reading a few threads there has been some useful information from you guys and I am really looking forward to your comments back. Any questions for more information about me please don't hesitate in asking, will be happy to reply.

Much Appreciated

James, UK to US Sparky!!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to USA visa help

Realistically, just about the only thing that you have going for you is that you are not married (and, I presume, not gay).

If you were to find yourself a girlfriend who was a US citizen and married her you would have a relatively straightforward path to a visa that would allow you to live and work in the US.

Apart from that you have pretty much no chance ...
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Canada maybe?
Old Jun 17th 2013, 10:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKtoUSSpark
But also is it possible? By reading a few threads there has been some useful information from you guys and I am really looking forward to your comments back.
Off the top of my head, I'd say "no", there's no chance. But take a look at this Wiki Guide to see which visa type you might qualify for, then come on back to discuss which one(s) you think you qualify for.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2013, 10:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Off the top of my head, I'd say "no", there's no chance. But take a look at this Wiki Guide to see which visa type you might qualify for, then come on back to discuss which one(s) you think you qualify for.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Rene
Based on what he said, and presuming he doesn't have $500k just lying around, he doesn't qualify for any of the visa categories, other than a fiancée or marriage visa if he can find a willing partner!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 4:32 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like a nice bloke though

Sorry, that was not helpful. It is easy for some of us to sound smug, having qualified for a visa/residency through some freak circumstance. Lots of people qualify one way or another (per the wiki), but the various circumstances are VERY specific, and most people can't easily make even one of those circumstances happen, without years of effort, or luck, or money, or all 3

Wishing you all the best.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 5:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently an Electrician with 4 years experience, 1 year fully qualified.
Presumably UK not US qualified.

I have no girlfriend commitments so ready to make the move.
Good

Who I need to contact?
www.match.com

How I can start the process?
How the process works?
All on the site linked above.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Canada sounds like a promosing option if all else fails. I guess anywhere over the pond is a thumbs up!
Does anybody know how this starts? I guess employment based is a strong possibillity!

Thanks for the feedback!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Employment based for US or Canada? As per the link above, an electrician role isn't going to get you an employment based visa for the US.

For Canada info, come and see us in the Canada forums where you'll find loads of info - start with the Wiki as well as the CIC website.

Good luck.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 12:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Canada sounds like a promosing option if all else fails. I guess anywhere over the pond is a thumbs up!
Does anybody know how this starts? I guess employment based is a strong possibillity!

Thanks for the feedback!
Open a thread in the Canada forum and go from there. Good luck.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

in Summer of 2012 I decided to travel across the States to see if I did decide to move where I would live
You don't get to decide. The US immigration authorities have already done that for you.

Marry a US citizen gal or look to move somewhere else, are your only real options.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

Being in the medical field would help, US is always on the lookout to recruit nurses ect especially Brits.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Looks like marrying a US girl will be harder than expected .

Im going to post another thread on the Canadian forum a bit later when Iv got a bit of time, to see how there visa system works! By researching it seems a lot better for me!

Thanks again for comments again!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like marrying a US girl will be harder than expected .....
Not at all, it can be remarkably easy. I thought I'd just dabble a bit in on-line dating, to see what might happen, but found myself married two years later! .... We probably see least one person a week show up here on BE who is looking for a way to take a purely on-line (plus holidays) transatlantic relationship, to the next level.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 2:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruth16
Being in the medical field would help, US is always on the lookout to recruit nurses ect especially Brits.
Not really, because there isn't much in the way of visa's going, especially if you're inexperienced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.