Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK - USA Money question

UK - USA Money question

Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK - USA Money question

I recently joined up with xe to do a transfer. Natwest did one of those "faster payments" things which is new since I left the country and are indeed fast and free. USBank at this end just list it as an electronic deposit just like my wages, no charge for either.

I do recall options to use wire transfer at either end as part of the xe trade (in fact you have to in order to use faster payments in the UK), perhaps make sure ACH/EFT is selected on the US end?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Kieron is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i got stung for a $15 charge by Chase for an inbound wire when Moneycorp did it. I moaned and whined like a true Englishman and they recredited me that fee. They probably won't be as kind next time, so perhaps i'll look at Wells Fargo. Note, Moneycorp can't do FX now, at least not to Michigan because of some regulatory change. I think they're still good to go in other states though.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

I've used HiFX on several occasions to transfer to my wife's Wells Fargo account and each time Wells Fargo take $15 for the privilege.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robUK81
I've used HiFX on several occasions to transfer to my wife's Wells Fargo account and each time Wells Fargo take $15 for the privilege.
I've used XE to transfer to my Wells Fargo a couple of times and there is no charge. Note that the US end is ACH. I have done a bank-to-bank wire before and for that they do indeed charge $15.