Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK TV Programmes you do miss

Wikiposts

UK TV Programmes you do miss

Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK TV Programmes you do miss

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
No. I've lived here too long now and am slowly being assimilated into a total crap watching couch potatoe.
Ill drop off some TV dinners and Doritos Dips next time im passing if you like. If I ask nicely Im sure my wife would perform the requisite frontal lobotomy for you...
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I like Sea of Souls and Bodies right now. Some good stuff at last!

I think I miss just having "normal" TV. News that is just that, and less "in your face" TV designed for people with an attention span of more than a few minutes.
I watch the BBC news on here every day
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:16 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
I watch the BBC news on here every day
I catch it on BBCA in the mornings, but it would be good to get a primetime show that doesnt tell me how to think (“You must love Big Brother.�* It is not enough to obey him; you must love him.”)
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda miss the murder mystery shows...
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
Kinda miss the murder mystery shows...
Most of the British comedies..but to remedy it we bought a multi region dvd player and have friends send them over. Also, Eastenders since those bas****s at BBCA took it off the air. To remedy that, we bought my parents a recordable dvd player last Christmas (the same parents that have problems working a vcr!!) and they send us a month over at a time...

Just realized how SAD I am...got to get out more..

Tracey
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:19 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprintblue
What UK TV programmes (If Any) do you miss???

(p.s Anyone choooooing in to the England footie match tomorrow )
I don't really miss any...I buy the oddies on DVD.........or my mum sends over the free ones from the Brit papers and I watch them on my PC........
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:19 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Benny Hill
Cash in the attic
Changing rooms
Monty Python
Keeping up appearances etc etc etc

if I had my way these shows would be repeated 3 times a night forever

LOL..........
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:27 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by britvic
Well I have to say there has been a few new programs on BBC America worth watching of late, last night "Nylon" about a couple's transatlantic relationship, which a lote of us have already been through, and "Teen's" yes it's about bad one's back home and how there parent's cope with them. Were'nt we all a bit wild.
Teens was OK.....I think I may watch BBCA tonight.I think they have some new shows on....I just got a DVD of The Good Life.......and everyone wants to watch that and not the TV...........says a lot about American TV.........when kids want to watch an old Brit show...........
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Benny Hill
Cash in the attic
Changing rooms
Monty Python
Keeping up appearances etc etc etc

if I had my way these shows would be repeated 3 times a night forever

Why dont you write to Rupert Murdoch see what he can do? You never know he may start a new channel called "FOX: Best Of British"
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Teens was OK.....I think I may watch BBCA tonight.I think they have some new shows on....I just got a DVD of The Good Life.......and everyone wants to watch that and not the TV...........says a lot about American TV.........when kids want to watch an old Brit show...........
My little one largh's so much at Benny Hill, but I do tape South Park for him
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:30 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sprintblue
you could buy it on DVD if you have multi region player
Yeah, I could buy it, or...(stops himself before he says something incriminating).
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
Most of the British comedies..but to remedy it we bought a multi region dvd player and have friends send them over. Also, Eastenders since those bas****s at BBCA took it off the air. To remedy that, we bought my parents a recordable dvd player last Christmas (the same parents that have problems working a vcr!!) and they send us a month over at a time...
wouldn't it be easier to just download the episodes? there's plenty of torrent sites to get the soaps