UK TV

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

wally007uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK TV

Hey Peeps,

Second post of the night

Ok i have a great UK TV and i want to take to america with me, Can I?

My reasons for being confused is i have an american Wii and PS3 both working with UK and USA blurays and Games and they say it should not?

Any advise would be great!

SELL or TAKE?

Wally
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:16 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK TV

Sell.

Great excuse to buy a new tv, cost of shipping it you could buy a new one and voltage conversion can kill the tv.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

wally007uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with you on the new TV, but wife wants to get a few boxes sent over and had a great price, as we have gathered a lot while waiting on visa since december!

Already sent our stuff back in December and was selling tv, but if i am sending more stuff i am now wanting to know IF i can take it?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all

I am looking into it as I have a Pioneer LX5090 I wanted to bring over - its just not worth it though with power inverter's, 50 / 60hz issues on top of shipping costs. Get the new Panasonic V series when they are realeased in a couple of months - has Pioneer Kuro technology built in.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sell it.

You'll get new and better for the cost of shipping it and you'll have the hassle of getting a transformer for it most likely, that and warranty won't be covered.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

tweakr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EricK
I am looking into it as I have a Pioneer LX5090 I wanted to bring over - its just not worth it though with power inverter's, 50 / 60hz issues on top of shipping costs. Get the new Panasonic V series when they are realeased in a couple of months - has Pioneer Kuro technology built in.
That is a nice TV you have there

Sell the European TV and get another in the US.
The only downside is that most US TVs can't accept 50hz standard video signals, so to watch UK DVDs, you'll need to find a DVD player that converts the output rate AND is multi region.

-David Mackenzie
TV Hardware Reviewer, HDTVtest.co.uk