British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uk-travel-insurance-96-year-old-528404/)

AlienUk Apr 10th 2008 7:04 pm

UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old?

My grandmother will be meeting us in Jamaica for a holiday, but the cheapest insurance she's found is £300 with the post office....Anyone know any other, cheaper providers??

lansbury Apr 10th 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old?

Originally Posted by AlienUk (Post 6189912)
My grandmother will be meeting us in Jamaica for a holiday, but the cheapest insurance she's found is £300 with the post office....Anyone know any other, cheaper providers??

Maybe SAGA

TruBrit Apr 10th 2008 7:15 pm

bless her for travelling at her age. my lovely uk neighbour came out here last spring, she's a young 84 and i phoned around and as you know it's not too easy to get an insurance company to cover our elderly folks. i used 'age concern' i think it was or else 'saga' and it was much less than £300 but it depends on the number days out the country and the med history of the passenger. hope she has a great time :)
http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConc..._insurance.asp

AlienUk Apr 10th 2008 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 6189955)
bless her for travelling at her age. my lovely uk neighbour came out here last spring, she's a young 84 and i phoned around and as you know it's not too easy to get an insurance company to cover our elderly folks. i used 'age concern' i think it was or else 'saga' and it was much less than £300 but it depends on the number days out the country and the med history of the passenger. hope she has a great time :)
http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConc..._insurance.asp

Thank you all muchly!!!

Yes, my spry grandmother generally comes to the States every year!!
She loves travelling!!

TruBrit Apr 10th 2008 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by AlienUk (Post 6189985)
Thank you all muchly!!!

Yes, my spry grandmother generally comes to the States every year!!
She loves travelling!!

they sure made them gals tough back then.....do put up some photos of gran on holiday pls :)

another bloody yank Apr 11th 2008 11:53 am

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 6189999)
they sure made them gals tough back then.....do put up some photos of gran on holiday pls :)

I'm imagining a 96yo in a bikini layed out on a lounge chair with a red stripe in one hand and a funny cig in the other...:blink:

AlienUk Apr 11th 2008 11:57 am

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6192924)
I'm imagining a 96yo in a bikini layed out on a lounge chair with a red stripe in one hand and a funny cig in the other...:blink:

LOL, you forgot the obligatory RentADread:rofl:....unfortunately my Yiddish Boobah will be doing NOTHING of the sort!:rofl::rofl:

scrubbedexpat099 Apr 11th 2008 1:14 pm

At 96 it is going to be the pre exisiting issues rather than the premium.

TruBrit Apr 11th 2008 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6192924)

well that was my 84yrs old last yr on the beach minus the ciggie but plus a cowboy hat :p...although no bikini, just a one piece. she is still a very attractive lady, and has long thick silver hair which is a beautiful shade of grey. she always has her hair done different ways although back off her face and tied up on top.... she's a great laugh. we love to drink champers together and she is a very, very young 84 yr old as seems is the OP's gran :)

she tell me great stories of the yanks she encountered during the war yrs, lol anything for a pair of nylons it seems :lol: i love her, she's a great friend :wub:

another bloody yank Apr 11th 2008 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 6193498)
well that was my 84yrs old last yr on the beach minus the ciggie but plus a cowboy hat :p...although no bikini, just a one piece. she is still a very attractive lady, and has long thick silver hair which is a beautiful shade of grey. she always has her hair done different ways although back off her face and tied up on top.... she's a great laugh. we love to drink champers together and she is a very, very young 84 yr old as seems is the OP's gran :)

she tell me great stories of the yanks she encountered during the war yrs, lol anything for a pair of nylons it seems :lol: i love her, she's a great friend :wub:

I've got some spreading to do it seems, but she sounds cool as hell...;)

JEM3110 Apr 11th 2008 2:19 pm

My mum (75) is with us at the moment and this time she got her insurance wih her own bank (HSBC). Previously she has got it from Tesco!