Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old?

UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old?

Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old?

My grandmother will be meeting us in Jamaica for a holiday, but the cheapest insurance she's found is £300 with the post office....Anyone know any other, cheaper providers??
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Travel Insurance For 96 Year Old?

Originally Posted by AlienUk View Post
My grandmother will be meeting us in Jamaica for a holiday, but the cheapest insurance she's found is £300 with the post office....Anyone know any other, cheaper providers??
Maybe SAGA
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

bless her for travelling at her age. my lovely uk neighbour came out here last spring, she's a young 84 and i phoned around and as you know it's not too easy to get an insurance company to cover our elderly folks. i used 'age concern' i think it was or else 'saga' and it was much less than £300 but it depends on the number days out the country and the med history of the passenger. hope she has a great time
http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConc..._insurance.asp
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TruBrit View Post
bless her for travelling at her age. my lovely uk neighbour came out here last spring, she's a young 84 and i phoned around and as you know it's not too easy to get an insurance company to cover our elderly folks. i used 'age concern' i think it was or else 'saga' and it was much less than £300 but it depends on the number days out the country and the med history of the passenger. hope she has a great time
http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConc..._insurance.asp
Thank you all muchly!!!

Yes, my spry grandmother generally comes to the States every year!!
She loves travelling!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

Thank you all muchly!!!

Yes, my spry grandmother generally comes to the States every year!!
She loves travelling!!
they sure made them gals tough back then.....do put up some photos of gran on holiday pls
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:53 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

they sure made them gals tough back then.....do put up some photos of gran on holiday pls
I'm imagining a 96yo in a bikini layed out on a lounge chair with a red stripe in one hand and a funny cig in the other...
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by another bloody yank View Post
I'm imagining a 96yo in a bikini layed out on a lounge chair with a red stripe in one hand and a funny cig in the other...
LOL, you forgot the obligatory RentADread....unfortunately my Yiddish Boobah will be doing NOTHING of the sort!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

At 96 it is going to be the pre exisiting issues rather than the premium.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by another bloody yank View Post
well that was my 84yrs old last yr on the beach minus the ciggie but plus a cowboy hat ...although no bikini, just a one piece. she is still a very attractive lady, and has long thick silver hair which is a beautiful shade of grey. she always has her hair done different ways although back off her face and tied up on top.... she's a great laugh. we love to drink champers together and she is a very, very young 84 yr old as seems is the OP's gran

she tell me great stories of the yanks she encountered during the war yrs, lol anything for a pair of nylons it seems i love her, she's a great friend
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:19 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

well that was my 84yrs old last yr on the beach minus the ciggie but plus a cowboy hat ...although no bikini, just a one piece. she is still a very attractive lady, and has long thick silver hair which is a beautiful shade of grey. she always has her hair done different ways although back off her face and tied up on top.... she's a great laugh. we love to drink champers together and she is a very, very young 84 yr old as seems is the OP's gran

she tell me great stories of the yanks she encountered during the war yrs, lol anything for a pair of nylons it seems i love her, she's a great friend
I've got some spreading to do it seems, but she sounds cool as hell...
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:19 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

My mum (75) is with us at the moment and this time she got her insurance wih her own bank (HSBC). Previously she has got it from Tesco!