Reload this Page >

UK Tax return

UK Tax return

Old Dec 5th 2015, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

nglondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Tax return

Hi,

I relocated to USA in middle of April 2014. So I have some income (and tax paid) in UK for year 2014-15.

I'm now filing my tax return for the year up to 6 April 2015.

I'm guessing I do not need to declare any salary income from USA in the "foreign income" section of UK tax return?

Thanks
NG
Old Dec 5th 2015, 4:17 pm
tbm
Forum Regular

tbm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Tax return

Probably not, assuming you became UK non-resident. You should read about the Statutory Residence Test (SRT) to see if you meet any of the automatic overseas tests: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...dence-test-srt
Old Dec 5th 2015, 9:00 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Tax return

Did you file a P85 with HMRC when you left the UK? If you are working and living in the US permanently then there should be no UK tax on your US earnings. Take a look at the statutory residence test and your US visa/residency status.