Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK style chocolate Easter Eggs in US?

UK style chocolate Easter Eggs in US?

Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

SJAAngel122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face UK style chocolate Easter Eggs in US?

Please forgive the strange first post (and also if I put in wrong place) but I've become desperate.

I belonged to a group like this while living in the UK, I am now trying to find something for my British husband here in the USA. I know how useful a resource a forum like this can be. Short intro, I'm American, lived in England with Brit husband from 2004-2010, moved (back) to US late 2010. I hope this forum is as useful as the other one I mentioned was.

Last minute my lovely husband asked for a Easter Egg for Easter. The chocolate kind commonly found all over England (and I suppose rest of UK) this time of the year.

I realise my chances are slim for getting one here in time, but I was hoping to find some place that has them that ships from the US, so the chances of being closer to on time are higher.

Id LOVE a Kit Kat, Milky Bar, or Yorkie one, but really anything British will do.

Thanks in advance for ANY help provided!!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK style chocolate Easter Eggs in US?

Do you mean the large hollow type, with a little bag of something inside?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Yes, the large chocolate hollow eggs. I actually cant remember if they had anything inside them lol
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

I should add, that I have searched online, but 'chocolate easter egg' doesnt help much, and adding 'hollow' just gives me 'how to make your own' kind of links.

Ive found some UK based sites that allow payment in $ and shipping to the US, but I was hoping for a US based site.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.goodwoods.com/easter2012.aspx
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

I was in Target yesterday and spotted (and bought!) a Cadbury branded (but made by Hershey) mini eggs Easter egg. It's not very big, but it does have mini eggs in the egg. Target were promoting it as an exclusive to them and it was about five bucks. It's the only one I've seen and the kids will be thrilled, I think.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Tty Googling <British groceries usa> .... shows several importers of British foods. For example http://www.britishfoodshop.com/seasonal-easter.asp has a range of easter egg and similar chocolate products - but many appear to be sold out already.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:57 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon sell them. For import from the UK you could use britstore.co.uk. We have used that before for stuff. You'd want to get more than just an egg though to justify the price. Hotel chocolat do them too and they have a US site. That's going to be posher than a Nestlé one though. I've seen them in our Indian and Mexican supermarkets before.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen quite a few over here, but not with the mug that you usually get them in in the UK....also seems smaller.

Target did have a few though. Also saw some in Ocean State or Big Lots, forget which one it was.

But Amazon is probably the best place.

Can get the kindersurprise these days now too, which is fun

Oh and welcome to BE!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replies! Interesting to know Target had some, although Target was the ONLY place I found 'Christmas Crackers' the things you pull and they bang, and have toys and jokes and hats. They were marketed for New Year, but were perfect (was a couple years back).

I did find a site, <<<snip>>> that had what seemed reasonable prices, and the Eggs I was hoping to find.

Kindersurprise.....my in-laws sent us a package with them in, and out of all the crazy stuff they sent, it was those innocent eggs that got the package stopped and opened, and had them removed! Should find those too, he loved those fun lil eggs

Glad to know I get such quick and friendly replies here!

I am sure to stop back when my husband has any other hard to find last minute requests

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 21st 2013 at 10:00 pm. Reason: removed link as OP is a new member
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

notonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where you are in the US but I have no problem getting Easter eggs here in NY.
In NYC you can get them here http://www.myersofkeswick.com/ but I go to McLean Ave in Yonkers and get mine there as they are slightly cheaper and the guys in the store do me a deal I bought all mine this week for $38.00. I got

1 x Flake ($6.99)
1 x Crunchie ($6.99)
2 x Chocolate Buttons (4.99 each)
1 x Twirl (large Egg) (10.99)
1 x Cadburys Cream Egg egg ($6.99)
1 X Cadburys Mini Egg ($6.99)

and they also gave me 4 cadbury cream eggs for free (UK imports not the Canadian ones)
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJAAngel122
Please forgive the strange first post (and also if I put in wrong place) but I've become desperate.

I belonged to a group like this while living in the UK, I am now trying to find something for my British husband here in the USA. I know how useful a resource a forum like this can be. Short intro, I'm American, lived in England with Brit husband from 2004-2010, moved (back) to US late 2010. I hope this forum is as useful as the other one I mentioned was.

Last minute my lovely husband asked for a Easter Egg for Easter. The chocolate kind commonly found all over England (and I suppose rest of UK) this time of the year.

I realise my chances are slim for getting one here in time, but I was hoping to find some place that has them that ships from the US, so the chances of being closer to on time are higher.

Id LOVE a Kit Kat, Milky Bar, or Yorkie one, but really anything British will do.

Thanks in advance for ANY help provided!!
There may be places nearby that sell them but you haven't found them yet.

It took me a couple of years to find several nearby stores that stock British goodies including Easter Eggs.

There is a chain of Irish stores...they are usually located in malls...they normally sell Easter Eggs.

Perhaps if you gave us a rough idea where you are living...someone may be able to help you.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Usually I found the large hollow eggs in pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, etc.).
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Usually I found the large hollow eggs in pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, etc.).
They are not like the British eggs.

You could try a British store, but they are usually a stupid price.

I'm afraid it's Lindt bunnies for us nowadays.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
They are not like the British eggs. .....
Neither is a pound of sausages! .... How are those eggs different from British ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.