Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK protestor dressed as suicide bomber - appologises

Wikiposts

UK protestor dressed as suicide bomber - appologises

Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:59 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK protestor dressed as suicide bomber - appologises

Originally Posted by Big D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4685886.stm

I think its a case of a small minority giving a bad impression. This was one guy - not the whole of islam.
I am not so sure, after this event especially. Isn't that what they NEED us to believe, especially if they are living amongst us. Look, this guy has appologised and his muslim leaders say the appology should be accepted and that should be the end of the matter. That's ironic eh?

Anyway, this guy is now purporting to be a "non-fanatical" Muslim and at the same time, is dressing up as a suicide bomber. If the shoe fits!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
I am not so sure, after this event especially. Isn't that what they NEED us to believe, especially if they are living amongst us. Look, this guy has appologised and his muslim leaders say the appology should be accepted and that should be the end of the matter. That's ironic eh?

Anyway, this guy is now purporting to be a "non-fanatical" Muslim and at the same time, is dressing up as a suicide bomber. If the shoe fits!!

still only one or two - think what you will about this guy i dont agree that you can level anything you say against this guy against all Muslims. I agree with your points about living in the UK and accepting life in the west, but think you are in danger of stereotyping?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:06 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patrick
You are the master of understatement!
Its a very British trait (or so I thought)
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:11 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
still only one or two - think what you will about this guy i dont agree that you can level anything you say against this guy against all Muslims. I agree with your points about living in the UK and accepting life in the west, but think you are in danger of stereotyping?
I agree. I have perhaps stereotyped here and that's not what I want out of this discussion. You have to admit though, here we have supposedly "NON-HARDLINERS" getting carried away to the extent of thinking dressing up as a suicide bomber is equivalent to a cartoon depiction. I hope it's a one off, my gut is telling me, it is not.

After the July bombings, and now this, I THINK VERY STRONGLY that it is time for the Muslim community to pro-actively, preach, teach and preach again, that this is NOT THE WILL of the Islamic faith. The leaders of Muslims in these communities owe it to the people they live beside to clearly show they are teaching their kids THIS IS WRONG. Else this will NOT be an isolated incident, but a sign of the sad future.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:34 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's OK then

Man apologises for bomber protest - London (BBC) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4686410.stm

<QUOTE> A man who dressed as a suicide bomber during a protest about cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad has apologised for his behaviour.
Omar Khayam, 22, from Bedford, "wholeheartedly" apologised to the families of the 7 July bombings.

He likened his own "insensitive" behaviour to the "provocative and controversial" cartoon publication. </QUOTE>

I am getting more and more convinced that we can never live together as an integrated society. What is up with these people. How on earth can they LIVE in the UK when our society, surely INSULTS them at every turn. They will NOT be happy until Islam has taken over the world - as is their goal Living in the UK and getting upset over this cartoon sets their own double standards. We are WORLDS apart.
Is it just me, or is this all getting very much out of hand and most worrying of all, it's taken this event to show the true colors of most muslims against the west.
I agree...also i wonder how loud the outcry would have been had the idiot been shot dead by some overzeolous
cop who actually thought he might be what he was costumed as. Bet'cha his family never would have stopped sueing.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:37 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The British government needs to take back control. They need to arrest/charge/deport (whichever applies) any of the protesters who have broken laws. They reason these thugs are behaving this way is because they know they can get away with it. I haven't heard of any Muslim protests at the Danish or French embassies in the US.

I've just looked at the photo. He should have been arrested on the spot.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:49 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I feel they are hiding their true beliefs as they know, they would be kicked from one end of the country to the other before being booted back to where their religious (communist) leaders come from.
I agree with your assertions but I'm not sure where communism comes into the equation
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:04 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I've just looked at the photo. He should have been arrested on the spot.
Should have been shot on the spot, more like it. And the police officer would have been quite justified in his actions, given his target was dressed like this:

Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:05 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Should have been shot on the spot, more like it. And the police officer would have been quite justified in his actions, given his target was dressed like this:
Still, should be easy to spot any suicide bombers in future if they try it again - anyone weating ski gloves and a t-shirt will be shot on sight
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: UK protestor dressed as suicide bomber - appologises

Dave,

You are totally right. He should have had a few well placed shots in the noggin!

If a guy waving an immitation pistol can be shot, so can someone wearing an immitation "Homicide" Bomber's Vest.

He is a disgrace to humanity, and, not just Islam!

He can shove his apology where the sun don't shine.

Jim.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

You have to admit though, here we have supposedly "NON-HARDLINERS" getting carried away to the extent of thinking dressing up as a suicide bomber is equivalent to a cartoon depiction. I hope it's a one off, my gut is telling me, it is not.
If he thinks dressing up as a suicide bomber is equivalent to those cartoons he must be more of a loon than he looks.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:19 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I agree with your assertions but I'm not sure where communism comes into the equation
LOL.... I wasn't going to mention that.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:22 am
WTF?

I don't think shooting a guy wearing a bomb is necessarily the best approach. :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:26 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I agree...also i wonder how loud the outcry would have been had the idiot been shot dead by some overzeolous
cop who actually thought he might be what he was costumed as. Bet'cha his family never would have stopped sueing.
I haven't seen any photos of how this guy looked, but I was wondering if maybe this was his intention.

Just seen photo - is that actually the guy?

Last edited by Partystar; Feb 6th 2006 at 7:28 am.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I don't think shooting a guy wearing a bomb is necessarily the best approach. :scared:
Well that guy isn't wearing one, so what the hell....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.