Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

Old May 22nd 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

I think that it is a fraud reward system.

If you can produce enough forged material without them realising it, then you win.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's not her first adult PP...that was when she was 16...she is now 26. Surely if she sends her current PP in for renewal it should be proof enough that she's entitled to a renewal without producing documentation.
It looks like it.
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...steps-to-renew

In fact it even says that if you have a child passport, it's ok as proof of citizenship. Keep a copy of the expired passport.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
It looks like it.
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...steps-to-renew

In fact it even says that if you have a child passport, it's ok as proof of citizenship. Keep a copy of the expired passport.
Thank you.

It's all very confusing because it contradicts the instructions on the notes for Form C1...

DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED FOR A BRITISH CITIZEN PASSPORT

Renewal of PP for those born or adopted in the UK before 1 Jan 1983.

A. blah blah blah.
B. blah blah blah

If you were born or adopted in the United Kingdom after 31 December 1982 or in a qualifying territory after 20 May 2002. (This is the section that applies to my daughter).

C. Your full birth or adoption certificate showing both your parents'/adoptive parents' names plus:

D. If your mother/adoptive mother was born in the UK or a qualifying territory, her full birth certificate or

E. If your father/adoptive father only was born in the UK or a qualifying territory, his full birth certificate, full marriage certificate and evidence of termination of any previous marriages.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 22nd 2011 at 8:26 pm.
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:54 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

It's all very confusing because it contradicts the instructions on the notes for Form C1...

DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED FOR A BRITISH CITIZEN PASSPORT

Renewal of PP for those born or adopted in the UK before 1 Jan 1983.

A. blah blah blah.
B. blah blah blah

If you were born or adopted in the United Kingdom after 31 December 1982 or in a qualifying territory after 20 May 2002. (This is the section that applies to my daughter).

C. Your full birth or adoption certificate showing both your parents'/adoptive parents' names plus:

D. If your mother/adoptive mother was born in the UK or a qualifying territory, her full birth certificate or

E. If your father/adoptive father only was born in the UK or a qualifying territory, his full birth certificate, full marriage certificate and evidence of termination of any previous marriages.

section 11 states that you only need recently expired passport for renewal..

http://www.traveldocs.com/ukpassports/c1notes04.pdf

Last edited by candy wy.; May 22nd 2011 at 10:01 pm.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
section 11 states that you only need expired passport for renewal..
I don't see that at all Candy...

Note 11 - Documents to be produced.

Photocopies of birth, marriage or naturalisation certificate or registration document are not acceptable for passport purposes.

The follow page shows which document you should produce with your application. Please study them carefully and/or go to http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...pics/documents to make sure that you submit the right documents.

Can't get anywhere with the above link.

Edit: I've contacted Dean and asked him to clarify.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 22nd 2011 at 10:03 pm.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:02 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see that at all Candy...

Note 11 - Documents to be produced.

Photocopies of birth, marriage or naturalisation certificate or registration document are not acceptable for passport purposes.

The follow page shows which document you should produce with your application. Please study them carefully and/or go to http://http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/trav...pics/documents to make sure that you submit the right documents.

Can't get anywhere with the above link.

Just put link on my post.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by candy wy.
Just put link on my post.
OK I see it...it's different from the what I see from the UK Embassy website...excerpt in my post #348/#350. It's extremely confusing.

Thanks Candy.
Old May 22nd 2011, 11:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The C1/C2 form notes are not reliable.
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

nsdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nice

Passport Arrived Today.

Quick Timeline

Mailed by USPS (from a UPS Store) on Sunday 3rd April

Signed for by the embassy on Wednesday 6th April.
Sent a letter of complain regarding processing times Friday 13th May
Payment taken Tuesday 17th May
Passport Received Monday 23rd May

Didn't opt for the careline route didn't want to spend the additional money (something which i stated in my complaint). It would appear that the payment was taken the day after they received my letter and the passport was issued shortly after.
Old May 23rd 2011, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Peony is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter's passport arrived today too, we started chasing it last Tuesday, we travel on Wednesday (sent application 21st March, payment taken 18th April). For anyone struggling to get info. and who needs to travel soon I would recommend contacting your local British Consulate as if you want to get the Emergency Travel Document (select the option to make an appointment). This enabled us to speak to a real person who was able to chase the passport through from Washington for us.

I did find Careline to be of some use once the passport had begun being processed, I was able to find out on Thursday that it was in the inspection stage, and on Friday they were able to give me the UPS tracking number.
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

babannie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nsdale
Passport Arrived Today.

Quick Timeline

Mailed by USPS (from a UPS Store) on Sunday 3rd April

Signed for by the embassy on Wednesday 6th April.
Sent a letter of complain regarding processing times Friday 13th May
Payment taken Tuesday 17th May
Passport Received Monday 23rd May

Didn't opt for the careline route didn't want to spend the additional money (something which i stated in my complaint). It would appear that the payment was taken the day after they received my letter and the passport was issued shortly after.

So just a quick 8 weeks :-(. I sent in a letter via both email to the complaints box in London on Thursday and hardcopy over the weekend. The email out of office reply stated it would take up to 20 days to respond and that if it was regarding the passport would be passed on to IPS.

Fingers are crossed - I still have 30 days before I travel, but am watching it closely.
Old May 23rd 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

nsdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nicensdale is just really nice

Originally Posted by babannie
So just a quick 8 weeks :-(. I sent in a letter via both email to the complaints box in London on Thursday and hardcopy over the weekend. The email out of office reply stated it would take up to 20 days to respond and that if it was regarding the passport would be passed on to IPS.

Fingers are crossed - I still have 30 days before I travel, but am watching it closely.
I sent mine to the HM Consul address didn't bother with emails or letters to London i figured that it would take forever.
Old May 23rd 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nsdale
I sent mine to the HM Consul address didn't bother with emails or letters to London i figured that it would take forever.
Oops, the hard copy was to Washington DC. The email was automatically turned to London it turns out - though I originally thought to Wash DC.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at the 6 week mark now since my credit card was charged. Glad we have no travel plans.
Old May 26th 2011, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by babannie
Oops, the hard copy was to Washington DC. The email was automatically turned to London it turns out - though I originally thought to Wash DC.
Update to my note: Sent passport on 4/16, arrive 4/19 in DC. We sent a complaint email to the official Passport Agency email address (which is in London,) on the 19th of May and a hardcopy letter to 19 Observ in Wash DC which should have arrived on morning of 23rd. So May 24th, a charge shows up on the credit card for $224.80 USD from the passport agency, 5 weeks after our initial confirmation of receipt.

Now we're waiting for the passport. If we don't see anything by June 6, I'll start calling the Carelessline again and if worse comes to worse get an appt for the consulate in San Francisco before our trip during the 4th of July week.

We still have some time - and with the charge, not as freaked out, but still - - much longer than anticipated at this rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.