Reload this Page >

UK Nurse moving to California as spouse on husbands E2 visa

UK Nurse moving to California as spouse on husbands E2 visa

Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:46 am
Just Joined

AmberJB2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Nurse moving to California as spouse on husbands E2 visa

Hello!

Wondering if anyone can help me! Are there any U.K. Nurses that have moved to California and obtained there Nurse license? I have read forums and see that California require clinical and theory hours in pares, mental health and obstetrics. When I did my degree we had ‘EU Directives’ that we had to complete that covered these areas. We had a clinical day also to gain insight. Does anyone know the exact clinical and theory hours required by the California State Board of Nursing?

TIA
Amber
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:47 am
Just Joined

ICUnursey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single UK Adult nurse wanting to move to USA

Hi Amber,
First you should register with the Californian board of nursing ,don't wait just do it right away. Also register with CGFNS to get your transcript assessed . This will involve the NMC who will confirm that you're a nurse with a current PIN and your University sends the transcript to CGFNS. This part takes patience and persistence by the way.
CGFNS will issue a CES report and tell you whether your nursing course is good or if you are deficient in any areas. If deficient you will have to pay out and go to college and top up the deficient areas. This will mainly depend on when you did your nursing course,up to Project 2000 is usually okay,after is hit and miss,normally miss. Hopefully you did didactic and clinical training in obstetrics,mental health and paediatric .
Another good source of information for nurses is allnurses.com, This website has many people in the same position as you and it tells you what and how they did it. This should get you started. Good luck in California.

Last edited by ICUnursey; Jan 8th 2019 at 2:03 am.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:55 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nurse moving to California as spouse on husbands E2 visa

You can use the search feature (top right corner of the screen) for threads featuring the word "nurse", then look for hits in the US forums, but here's a recent thread to get you started: britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/confused-nurse-trying-his-best-move-usa-911107/