Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

UKBOY_USGIRL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

I am really praying that someone on here may be able to help me.

I fell in love with a lady in america whom is an illegal immigrant from Mexico
She has been living in america most of her live but I live in the UK.

We met almost 5 years ago after chatting on Skype and Phone for months.

We now have 2 little girls together one being 4 years old and the other being 2 years old which were both born in the america and live with their mother.

I've been bouncing back and fourth from England to America for the last 5 years only being able to stay for 3 months at a time.

I've been an IT Consultant for the last 20 years in the UK and I have work as a contractor for some very large compaines including the UK Government.

My partner and kids have never claimed benefit and never will. I've been paying everything from the UK for them which is making it very hard for me to save.

Can anyone please advise me what I should be doing or what my options are.

I would like to thanks everybody in advance and hope anyone apart from their children find away to be together again
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

Have her move to the UK to be with you?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

(When did the UK Government incorporate?)

'Can anyone please advise me what I should be doing or what my options are.'

What is it you want to do? Aren't you getting married?

Be specific.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:30 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Are you married? That won't solve all of your problems but might open up options that you don't have as B/F and G/F.

Has she ever travelled outside of the US since she moved there illegally?

[Forgot to add - if you are posting here because you are looking for some way to move to the US more permanently, read this thread before doing anything else.]

Last edited by dunroving; Nov 21st 2014 at 3:32 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
Have her move to the UK to be with you?
... or move to Mexico ...
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

You've had two children together and you're only addressing this now?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
... or move to Mexico ...
Or another third party country.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

Contrary to your username and your original thread title, your Lady is not a US Lady, if she has no status in the USA. She and the kids cannot help you get to the USA permanently.

You don't actually say what you WANT to happen. Your best bet is moving her and the kids to the UK, if you want to live together. Second best option is to have her return to Mexico and do what it takes for you to immigrate there.

I'm not an immigration lawyer, but it seems you don't have a future in the USA if she had no status there. Have a consultation with an immigration attorney, though, to see what legal options there are... perhaps she qualifies for some kind of amnesty and doesn't know it.

Rene
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Man + Mexican Citizen Lady Living Illegally in USA (Immigration Help)

I'm sure others will chime in to tell you how dumb you are, but I'll refrain from that. You're in deep, deep water and that's enough.

As others have said, there are really very limited options available to you and even less if you're not married. Your future in the States is slim to none as neither of you have any right to be there. I'm not even sure of the status of the kids, but they could well be USCs by default, in which case, they may be able to sponsor you both down the road.

In the meantime, you need an immigration lawyer to tell you what to do next. The way it appears to me is this. Either she (and the kids) come to the UK and live with you or you both move to Mexico or you both move to a third country.

If the 'Border Patrol' type shows are to be believed, it is possible for your gf to be deported regardless of the kids' status, so bear that in mind.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
I'm sure others will chime in to tell you how dumb you are, but I'll refrain from that. You're in deep, deep water and that's enough.

As others have said, there are really very limited options available to you and even less if you're not married. Your future in the States is slim to none as neither of you have any right to be there. I'm not even sure of the status of the kids, but they could well be USCs by default, in which case, they may be able to sponsor you both down the road.

In the meantime, you need an immigration lawyer to tell you what to do next. The way it appears to me is this. Either she (and the kids) come to the UK and live with you or you both move to Mexico or you both move to a third country.

If the 'Border Patrol' type shows are to be believed, it is possible for your gf to be deported regardless of the kids' status, so bear that in mind.
Wouldn't she be shielded from deportation by Obama's new executive order? Not that that means a lot in the grand scheme of things given the issues this couple are facing. He probably earns the 22k a year that the home office likes to see people who want to bring their foreign spouse to england earning so that is something I suppose.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Is she not precisely the class of person covered by Obama's recent order? It still doesn't really help the OP though.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

She will not be deported and is eligible for Obamnesty due to the 2 anchor babies. Medical costs must have cost you!

Also wondering why you have not looked at her immigrating. Been some time?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:51 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Do you not all think that the posting of this question, timed with yesterdays announcement is somewhat suspicious of a troll.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohh yes
Old Nov 21st 2014, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Is she not precisely the class of person covered by Obama's recent order? It still doesn't really help the OP though.
The order will expire in 25 months when Obama leaves office it is not indefinite and that is assuming he is not impeached over it before his second term expires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.