British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   UK FLights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uk-flights-474806/)

franc11s Aug 17th 2007 12:46 pm

UK FLights

Just booked my father-in-law to come to USA... Early Dec to Early Jan.

$695 for PREMIUM economy plus 25,000 airmiles gets him CLUB class. OK, there's another $373 in taxes....

Still considering Club is normally $5k or so, that's a pretty wicked deal. And BA club flat beds are to "sleep" for.

AdobePinon Aug 17th 2007 1:36 pm

Re: UK FLights

Originally Posted by franc11s (Post 5202110)

$695 for PREMIUM economy plus 25,000 airmiles gets him CLUB class. OK, there's another $373 in taxes....

Still considering Club is normally $5k or so, that's a pretty wicked deal. And BA club flat beds are to "sleep" for.

Haven't flown BA in 15 years. Their 'taxes' are always double anyone else's, so they get the central digit from me.

Spencer Birns Aug 17th 2007 1:55 pm

I am interested in getting enough people who want to fly to directly back to Cardiff (Wales) to help me petition an american airline to do it.

How many of you out there feel the same as me, sick of always having to go to London and drive for 4 hours to get back to Wales?

I know there is a Bristol option, but this takes even longer to get through immigration than London and then on top it is still a 90 minute drive back to Cardiff if you are lucky.

dinosaur Aug 17th 2007 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Spencer Birns (Post 5202381)
I know there is a Bristol option, but this takes even longer to get through immigration than London

:eek: Lulsgate must have grown a bit since I lived in Brizzle...

TruBrit Aug 17th 2007 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s (Post 5202110)

just curious, were you able to allocate a seat number for him?

frrussre Aug 18th 2007 5:01 am

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5202480)
just curious, were you able to allocate a seat number for him?

Only if you are a Executive Gold club member.

TruBrit Aug 18th 2007 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by frrussre (Post 5205026)
Only if you are a Executive Gold club member.

and a first class passenger and that's what i'd heard from over here frank and wondered if the policy was being implemented from the uk as well.
pretty bad of BA when a non exec GC pax can fork out say for a club class seat and not be given a choice of seat number until 24 prior to boarding at on-line check in. next BA will be saying if the plebs want to fly with us to bring their own life jacket :rolleyes:

frrussre Aug 18th 2007 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5205820)
and a first class passenger and that's what i'd heard from over here frank and wondered if the policy was being implemented from the uk as well.
pretty bad of BA when a non exec GC pax can fork out say for a club class seat and not be given a choice of seat number until 24 prior to boarding at on-line check in. next BA will be saying if the plebs want to fly with us to bring their own life jacket :rolleyes:

They started that earlier in the yr, only gold people get to choose their seats immediately.
Reg. lifes a bitch and then you die.

TruBrit Aug 18th 2007 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by frrussre (Post 5205862)
They started that earlier in the yr, only gold people get to choose their seats immediately.
Reg. lifes a bitch and then you die.

btw and first class pax whether gold or not ;)

frrussre Aug 18th 2007 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5205905)
btw and first class pax whether gold or not ;)

Gotcha, guess $5k buys u a seat #.
Reg. Frank R.

TruBrit Aug 18th 2007 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by frrussre (Post 5207103)
Gotcha, guess $5k buys u a seat #.
Reg. Frank R.

haha somat like that however it'll be the very best seat in the whole wide world :p

simongb Aug 18th 2007 11:46 pm

BA seem to be doing some kind of sale at the moment. A month ago I looked at tickets to go to the UK at Christmas. It was $1300 in Economy Plus. I looked a few nights ago and it was $900 return in Economy Plus. It went DOWN $400! So, I booked the tickets. Check out BA.com, you may be able to find a bargain!

frrussre Aug 19th 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5207108)
haha somat like that however it'll be the very best seat in the whole wide world :p

BA stands for Best or biggest Airline
Reg. Frank R.

Poppy girl Aug 19th 2007 1:12 am

I was surfing around today and Air Canada have some realy cheap flights back to the UK for Xmas well from California if any one is interested.

San Fran to LHR is was with tax $539 rtn yes you stop in Toronto but thats still a deal.

CarrotCruncher Aug 19th 2007 3:55 am

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 5202470)
:eek: Lulsgate must have grown a bit since I lived in Brizzle...

Lulsgate is now a shiny international airport, direct flights to New York now and Orlando. We Bristolians were delighted! Although it's still cheaper to get to Heathrow, stay over night and fly from there though!!