Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

uk father usa mother need advise

Wikiposts

uk father usa mother need advise

Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:34 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk father usa mother need advise

Originally Posted by Galon
In all fairness the ex doesnt contribute at all, he is on disability. We are trying to work out a fair agreement. But that doesnt entitle him to all the time he wants and no support, that is a true case of "having his cake and eating it too".
But you can't deny him access to his child either. You have no right to.

If he is on disability, then how is he supposed to contribute to his sons welfare? You can't punish him for that.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Galon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind
But you can't deny him access to his child either. You have no right to.

If he is on disability, then how is he supposed to contribute to his sons welfare? You can't punish him for that.
you right, we cant deny him access and would rather not ever go down that road. But the courts can.

There is no punishment involved. This is about child support. If my wife was in the UK, regardless of how he got his income, he would still have to pay. it is the same over there as over here. Disability or not, the non custodial parent must pay maintainence. Most people give us the excuse, well if you wanted her over here you have to pay for it. Guess what I do. I am sick of anything resemebling a male that thinks that they have NO resonsibilites for what they do...THIS IS WRONG.

Now it is fine for him back in the UK to get remarried as well and now rakes in about 2000 quid a month and you want to tell me that he shouldnt pay?

BOLLOCKS!

No father who can pay should be able to make excuses. Simple as that.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:08 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

you right, we cant deny him access and would rather not ever go down that road. But the courts can.

There is no punishment involved. This is about child support. If my wife was in the UK, regardless of how he got his income, he would still have to pay. it is the same over there as over here. Disability or not, the non custodial parent must pay maintainence. Most people give us the excuse, well if you wanted her over here you have to pay for it. Guess what I do. I am sick of anything resemebling a male that thinks that they have NO resonsibilites for what they do...THIS IS WRONG.

Now it is fine for him back in the UK to get remarried as well and now rakes in about 2000 quid a month and you want to tell me that he shouldnt pay?

BOLLOCKS!

No father who can pay should be able to make excuses. Simple as that.
yeah but he shouldn't have to pay some of the medical bills. Which is the only thing I ever insinuated.

My misses is currently owed $8500 in back child support regards.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Galon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
yeah but he shouldn't have to pay some of the medical bills. Which is the only thing I ever insinuated.

My misses is currently owed $8500 in back child support regards.

Ouchies....you have my sympathies

Its not so much the medical bills, if he just tried to help. Even a little.

we dont get squat for help and I am tired of it.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:29 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Ouchies....you have my sympathies

Its not so much the medical bills, if he just tried to help. Even a little.

we dont get squat for help and I am tired of it.
can she put a lien against his dole check?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:58 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Disability or not, the non custodial parent must pay maintainence.
But it's dependent on his status. If he is remarried with children and on disability, that will be taken into consideration with the amount he is supposed to pay.

It's a shame really. Like I said in an earlier post, if adults were mature enough to sort it out together, the courts wouldn't need to be involved.