Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK credit card fraud!

UK credit card fraud!

Old Jan 31st 2011, 1:25 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK credit card fraud!

Originally Posted by gatsbygirl8
How? I don't understand. Is this through your rewards program?
Via a combination of widely-available rewards programmes. Check out Flyertalk for more info.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Or even one of our long running threads on the same:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ys+credit+card

This particular deal is dead, but lots of useful info in the thread.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a mini-heart attack this morning due to card fraud. I got a call from some company asking me to verify a shipping address, and I had no idea what they were talking about. I didn't place the order, and when I logged into our checking account it had been charged for over $430 to this company. Luckily the company went ahead and canceled the order and reversed the charges. Then I had to sit on hold for about 5minutes with the bank before I could get the card closed down. That was an agonizing 5min cuz I kept imagining the feckers making charges and taking all our money.

We have no idea how it could have been taken. The only thing that pops out at me is that we just used my card at Olive Garden last night - that was the only time it was out of my possession. The funny thing was the crooks used my home telephone number, which is unlisted. If that company representative hadn't called me, we wouldn't have caught for probably at least another day or two, so who knows what kind of damage that could have caused.