Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Christmas Number 1 ??

UK Christmas Number 1 ??

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:35 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Christmas Number 1 ??

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ok, ok, now back to the original question, what does everyone think about the song ???

And I hadn't realised that it takes so long to buffer - but i reckon its worth the wait though.
I'm listening to Joss Stone on my Itunes, she doesn't get put on pause for anyone! I may listen to it later
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:36 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
Based on those 3 records here is my selection for a Christmas album

Dressed for Success - Roxette
Hurry up Harry, come on, we're going down the pub - Sham 69
Two pints of lager and a packet of Crisps please - splodgenessabounds
Nice legs, shame about the face - Monks
If you want my love youve got it - Cheap Trick
I hope you dance - Lee Ann Womack
Kiss me - Sixpence non the richer
There aint nothing like shagging - the tams
Catch my Disease - Ben Lee
Rise - PIL
Too Drunk to Fukk - the dead Kennedys
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John
Spoiled - Joss Stone
Leave (get out) - JoJo
Standing outside a broken phone box with the money in my hand - Primative radio gods
Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
Take me home - Phil Collins
Regret - New Order
Seems more like a timeline from my clubbing days, are you the Ghost of my Christmas past?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:39 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm listening to Joss Stone on my Itunes, she doesn't get put on pause for anyone! I may listen to it later
Joss Stone ???

Note to mods: Can we please have a facility to take Karma away for certain posts.
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:40 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Seems more like a timeline from my clubbing days, are you the Ghost of my Christmas past?
Bizarely I associate that roxette tune with christmas cos I got that album (on cassette) as a present one year.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:44 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
It was autobrographical, yes

it also tells you my age by the choice of songs and my musical tastes (and the change in them)
Then - Splodgenessabounds, PIL, SLF, Sham 69, the monks
Now - Joss Stone

Growing Old, who needs it!

Last edited by Patrick; Dec 2nd 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:01 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

On the whole that album is good, I just have one question - the the fukk do the following songs have to do with Christmas

8. The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
9. Angels - Robbie Williams
10. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Tom Jones with Cerys from Catatonia

I even (sad to admit) looked up the lyrics before I posted and there seems to be no link whatsoever with Christmas.

For petes sake, baby its cold outside is about trying to get her outside so he can shag her - it maybe a christmas tradition but I cant find it listed amonst crackers and Christmas trees anywhere!

Jona Lewis sneaks in on a technicality because one of the lines is "wish I could be home for Christmas"

Millenium Prayer anyone! anyone? what the heck
Angels. You know, those things up in heaven who live with baby Jesus' dad? Well Christmas is aforementioned baby's birthday. Just a loose connection dont you think?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:12 pm
Thinking about it

It was autobrographical, yes

it also tells you my age by the choice of songs and my musical tastes (and the change in them)
Then - Splodgenessabounds, PIL, SLF, Sham 69, the monks
Now - Joss Stone

Growing Old, who needs it!
Seriously, enough with Joss Stone already
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:43 pm
Pagan Sex God

Seriously, enough with Joss Stone already
No!
Attached Thumbnails UK Christmas Number 1 ??-1107200513172445.jpg  
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:49 pm
Thinking about it

No!
She looks like posh spice in that what with all the hair extensions.
Sounds a bit like her too

M'laud, I rest my case
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

M'laud, I rest my case
Not sure that the guy who was pimping for Take That last week should be taking the piss for someone liking Joss Stone

As for the song, well it's a bit cheesy, so will prolly be #1 at christmas.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:05 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by nethead
Not sure that the guy who was pimping for Take That last week should be taking the piss for someone liking Joss Stone

As for the song, well it's a bit cheesy, so will prolly be #1 at christmas.
Ahh, you see take that take me back to my youth - its a nostalga thing.
What excuse can there be for liking Joss Stone ??
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:28 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Based on those 3 records here is my selection for a Christmas album

Dressed for Success - Roxette
Hurry up Harry, come on, we're going down the pub - Sham 69
Two pints of lager and a packet of Crisps please - splodgenessabounds
Nice legs, shame about the face - Monks
If you want my love youve got it - Cheap Trick
I hope you dance - Lee Ann Womack
Kiss me - Sixpence non the richer
There aint nothing like shagging - the tams
Catch my Disease - Ben Lee
Rise - PIL
Too Drunk to Fukk - the dead Kennedys
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John
Spoiled - Joss Stone
Leave (get out) - JoJo
Standing outside a broken phone box with the money in my hand - Primative radio gods
Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
Take me home - Phil Collins
Regret - New Order
Nice!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:32 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

M'laud, I rest my case
I think that's actually her natural hair.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 5:13 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Rise - PIL
Well that one has a bit of an Irish prayer in it.....
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 5:31 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

RE: Joss Stone. Her music grates me the same way that Sheryl Crow does. She's not soul, she's just boring as ****.

Power of Love. Pretty much a case of FGTH going for a xmas #1 at the time. Does remind of xmas though. Trying to BMX on black ice on christmas day...ah memories of childhood.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.