Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Christmas Number 1 ??

UK Christmas Number 1 ??

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:02 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Christmas Number 1 ??

http://www.jcbsong.co.uk/

You'll need to click on the notebook to open it and look at the links on the inside of the front cover

SO, WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ???
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:42 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Christmas Number 1 ??

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

You'll need to click on the notebook to open it and look at the links on the inside of the front cover

It's going to be or your trying to make it happen?

Cute song though.

Last edited by CaliforniaBride; Dec 2nd 2005 at 4:44 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:45 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
It's going to be or your trying to make it happen?
No, apparently favourite to be number 1.
Its pretty quirky so i was interested to see what everybody thought.

Unfortunately I have nothing to do with its production and the upcoming royalties
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Love the website! The song isn't too bad either.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:58 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

No, apparently favourite to be number 1.
Its pretty quirky so i was interested to see what everybody thought.

Unfortunately I have nothing to do with its production and the upcoming royalties
And here was me thinking that I was going to escape all of the tripe offered for Xmas number 1 this year.

I suppose it beats Mr. Blobby though....
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:03 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

A little off topic but I bought this this album a couple of years ago from Amazon, well worth digging out once a year when you are pissed around Christmas, has all the favorites on it. You should still be able to order it in time for Christmas and only about $12
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:37 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Cool website, especially the pencil scribbling
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:57 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
A little off topic but I bought this this album a couple of years ago from Amazon, well worth digging out once a year when you are pissed around Christmas, has all the favorites on it. You should still be able to order it in time for Christmas and only about $12
On the whole that album is good, I just have one question - the the fukk do the following songs have to do with Christmas

8. The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
9. Angels - Robbie Williams
10. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Tom Jones with Cerys from Catatonia

I even (sad to admit) looked up the lyrics before I posted and there seems to be no link whatsoever with Christmas.

For petes sake, baby its cold outside is about trying to get her outside so he can shag her - it maybe a christmas tradition but I cant find it listed amonst crackers and Christmas trees anywhere!

Jona Lewis sneaks in on a technicality because one of the lines is "wish I could be home for Christmas"

Millenium Prayer anyone! anyone? what the heck

Last edited by Patrick; Dec 2nd 2005 at 6:00 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:05 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
On the whole that album is good, I just have one question - the the fukk do the following songs have to do with Christmas

I even (sad to admit) looked up the lyrics before I posted and there seems to be no link whatsoever with Christmas.

For petes sake, baby its cold outside is about trying to get her outside so he can shag her - it maybe a christmas tradition but I cant find it listed amonst crackers and Christmas trees anywhere!

Jona Lewis sneaks in on a technicality because one of the lines is "wish I could be home for Christmas"

I agree but still worth $12, no?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:05 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's because these were released & popular around Christmas time. I definitely think that Baby it's cold outside is a Christmassy song though.

Last edited by Partystar; Dec 2nd 2005 at 6:09 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:09 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Partystar
I think it's because these were Christmas number 1's.
The power of love had the nativity as the basis for its video too.

To be honest I'm not really sure if you can call it a Christmas album if it doesn't have "Fairytale of New York" on it.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:10 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

I think Shakin' Stevens should re-release "Merry Christmas Everyone" as this is a toe tapping, head nodding, hip swinging, foot jiving classic!!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:25 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Based on those 3 records here is my selection for a Christmas album

Dressed for Success - Roxette
Hurry up Harry, come on, we're going down the pub - Sham 69
Two pints of lager and a packet of Crisps please - splodgenessabounds
Nice legs, shame about the face - Monks
If you want my love youve got it - Cheap Trick
I hope you dance - Lee Ann Womack
Kiss me - Sixpence non the richer
There aint nothing like shagging - the tams
Catch my Disease - Ben Lee
Rise - PIL
Too Drunk to Fukk - the dead Kennedys
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John
Spoiled - Joss Stone
Leave (get out) - JoJo
Standing outside a broken phone box with the money in my hand - Primative radio gods
Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
Take me home - Phil Collins
Regret - New Order
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:29 pm
Thinking about it

Based on those 3 records here is my selection for a Christmas album

Dressed for Success - Roxette
Regret - New Order
Ok, ok, now back to the original question, what does everyone think about the song ???

And I hadn't realised that it takes so long to buffer - but i reckon its worth the wait though.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:31 pm
Pagan Sex God

The power of love had the nativity as the basis for its video too.

To be honest I'm not really sure if you can call it a Christmas album if it doesn't have "Fairytale of New York" on it.

"You scumbag, you faggot, you cheap lousy maggot, Merry Christmas your arse, I pray to God its your last"

Agh the spirit of Christmas in one line!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.