TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK best country in the world

Originally Posted by Partystar
Seinfeld.

Are we going around in circles?!?!
but he's not funny
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i have asked my usc hubby so many times about the humour here or lack of coz i so want to enjoy my time here and understand what makes these folks tick...he says what you said above, that we us brits laugh at ourselves at our own expense and don't care where as here they laugh at situations more...dunno if i'm expressing that right or if it's correct maybe someone can add to it.....what makes the americans laugh.....

George Bush?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:54 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
George Bush?
I think you mean Goerge BURNS
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:55 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

but he's not funny
Yeah, but you're a Brit & you asked what makes Americans laugh. A lot of Americans like him, not all, but a lot.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:58 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

what makes the americans laugh.....
Watching other people injure themselves, if America's Funniest Home Videos is anything to go by.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, but you're a Brit & you asked what makes Americans laugh. A lot of Americans like him, not all, but a lot.
They are so different from us, wonder what it is about our own spouses then that is so different from the rest
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:59 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Watching other people injure themselves, if America's Funniest Home Videos is anything to go by.
Yeah, slapstick is a big hit here!

The Chuckle Brothers would have done well!!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I get the impression that people here keep themselves so busy with activities because if they stopped for a second they might actually have to think, maybe think about what they are doing in pursuit of a bigger house, bigger car, slimmer body, blah, blah, blah.
Once you scratch the surface there isn't much underneath.
Surely that can be said of anyone, regardless of where they are from?? Doesn't everyone strive to get the best things in life, yes coming here makes people (brits) realise the things they had back in the UK were fabulous, family, friends etc but isn't it strange how before you came everyone takes these things completely for granted, and rather than embracing all these non material things, the reality was that everyone used to moan about the shit weather, not having a nice car, big house, never having enough money etc..in some repect this makes us even more shallow for coming her thinking that the grass is greener and all that when actually its just same shit, different place. Apart from the ones who came for love what other reason do people move to the other side of the world for, other than to improve their life? I came because I wanted to experience a different way of life but I wasn't going to do it and be skint.

Obviously this is just my personal opinion, but i think i remember in some of your other posts that whilst you are having a ball over here that most of your friends are not yanks, so maybe you knew the answer to your own question all along .
yes I am having a ball and yes most of my friends are brits but the American ones I have made seem no different apart from not knowing them as well, I don't expect to have the same relationship with people that I've only known for a year as the ones I've known for 15 years.

Last edited by woodsey; Feb 21st 2006 at 9:22 am.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:11 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
Surely that can be said of anyone, regardless of where they are from??
Ok, we're getting away from your original question now which I think I kind of answered during my ramblings.
Do you think that brits are boring compared to other nationalities ??
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:14 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by britvic
They are so different from us, wonder what it is about our own spouses then that is so different from the rest
Well my husband's humour is never really understood by many people, even some Brits don't get it. I think it's because it's a mix of the 2 kinds. He was in the USAF (lived in England for 6 years) & all his workmates (yanks) used to call him a Bloke!!!

I think the only reason why some Brits don't get him is because they are expecting him to have the serious American attitude/sense of humour. They then get caught unawares & think he's serious, plus he never lets on that he's joking, so most people just get really offended by him!!!

I'll never forget the first time my sister met him. I asked her what she thought of him & she said she thought he was rude, because he called her fat. Which is really funny because she was like a toothpick, 5 ft 5 & 98lbs!!!

A lot of my friends thought the same thing, because they'd never met a yank with his sort of humour before, basically he's an arse! At least now they are used to him & 'get' him!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:15 am
Back where I belong!

Ok, we're getting away from your original question now which I think I kind of answered during my ramblings.
No.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:18 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

lol of course not...we are unique and simply the best
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

no.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:22 am
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Yes
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:27 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
Yes
Lived in Norway for a while...Stunning scenery....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.