U Haul

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U Haul

We just rented their 26ft Van for a move.

Anyway it worked out much much cheaper to do it as a one way rather than take it back.

I thought we were going to need to do 2 trips, we got 63 miles with our one way, then the guy gave me 100 free and the extra was charged at 40c a mile rather than 69c in town.

It did about 12 mpg, which I thought was not bad. Cheapie unleaded.

Because of the weather we were late taking it back, long story, and because of the weather they did not charge us extra.

Do take the Insurance, unlikely your car insurance does not cover commercial vehicles.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U Haul

Originally Posted by Boiler
We just rented their 26ft Van for a move.

Anyway it worked out much much cheaper to do it as a one way rather than take it back.

I thought we were going to need to do 2 trips, we got 63 miles with our one way, then the guy gave me 100 free and the extra was charged at 40c a mile rather than 69c in town.

It did about 12 mpg, which I thought was not bad. Cheapie unleaded.

Because of the weather we were late taking it back, long story, and because of the weather they did not charge us extra.

Do take the Insurance, unlikely your car insurance does not cover commercial vehicles.
Live dangerously.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,77395.special
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U Haul

The one I rented was a 2007, 11,000 miles.

I have seen the wrecks, I rented from one of their depots, and made sure it was a newer one.

To be fair both the guy I rented from and the one who I left it with were excellent. I am sure others will have different experiances.

Budget was my first choice, no availability.