Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

TV Shows you want

TV Shows you want

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

strim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant future
Default Re: TV Shows you want

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We get some BBC World News on NPR radio here.
We get ITV news at 9.30pm on NWI 366. (DirecTV)
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:09 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strim
We get ITV news at 9.30pm on NWI 366. (DirecTV)
We get the same through Time-Warner Cable.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I thought they showed the evening news from the beeb? or was that the news 24 thingy?
It's the world news that they show, which I can get just as well from CNN. I want the actual 6 oclock news or even the 10 oclock.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

strim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant future

I watch it now and again, when I want to catch up on british news, or to hear the british perspective on events. The bbc news is OK, but sometimes I'm just don't fancy hearing about the latest from Israel and Iraq or whatever else is going on in the world

Having said that, these days when I watch ITV news I am shocked by all the violent crimes that have been taking place, usually in some small rural village, and think to myself how things have changed. (Although, I am sure it was exactly the same when I lived there too!)
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:27 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
It's the world news that they show, which I can get just as well from CNN. I want the actual 6 oclock news or even the 10 oclock.
Right -- specific to the UK and therefore of little interest to most of the American-based viewing audience.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

soccer am
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:28 pm
Lapine Member

Having said that, these days when I watch ITV news I am shocked by all the violent crimes that have been taking place, usually in some small rural village, and think to myself how things have changed. (Although, I am sure it was exactly the same when I lived there too!)
The story about the three teen sisters was on the other afternoon, and my daughter happens to like watching ITV news better than the American channels! She is 12 herself so when it talked about the youngest falling pregnant at 12, my daughter was
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:28 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Eskimo
soccer am
I remembered that, and put it on my list
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

The story about the three teen sisters was on the other afternoon, and my daughter happens to like watching ITV news better than the American channels! She is 12 herself so when it talked about the youngest falling pregnant at 12, my daughter was
I was gobsmacked when I saw that story. The oldest kid had already had a couple of miscarriages and an abortion as well.

I'm not looking forward to my little ones getting to that age.

Back to the topic the shows I want are:
Any music shows.. TOTP
Football focus
Match of the day

Not much else I miss from BBC. I used to enjoy all the soaps, Brookie, Hollyoaks, EastEnders but my junk TV quotent is now taken up with reality TV!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:41 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Having said that, these days when I watch ITV news I am shocked by all the violent crimes that have been taking place,
Well, the ITN news isn't a proper new programme - it's tabloid news (the TV equivalent of the Sun )

Elvira
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Well, the ITN news isn't a proper new programme - it's tabloid news (the TV equivalent of the Sun )
So I've heard, but the BBC has refused to sell its news to ITV. ITV have asked.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira

Elvira
Thats why i watch it!

bring on the skateboarding dog stories!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know where I can get ITV News on DISH Network or Charter Cable???
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by paul_TX
It's on the International News Channel out of Canada.... try a Google search? Trying to remember the name of the station... but they also show CBC news, Japanese news in English, etc.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul_TX
It's the News International channel - # 366 where I hang my hat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.