Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:33 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

Originally Posted by ImHere
You've been then!
My cousin and her husband work there.... my cousin is the wedding coordinator if you wanna get hitched at WDW.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:59 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Ray
Basically for most people who want to live in the US the E-2 is the only way ..
E-2ers to go to all states ..California has more than Florida ..
and I think even New york has more ...

In the last 3 years I have only known two people return to the UK ..
A lot more suceed than fail ..
Yeah I know. Im just messin. However, I still wouldnt have come over if E2 had been the only option. My hats off them as its a lot of hard work and uncertainty to make it work.

Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:59 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by snowbunny
My cousin and her husband work there.... my cousin is the wedding coordinator if you wanna get hitched at WDW.
I'll bear it in mind, not sure the wife would be pleased though.

Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:19 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Maybe we should all club together and make our own TV show on PBS....showing Brits cleaning loos and sweating to death mowing grass in 95 degree heat......

Hmmmmm, I don't do either of the above, I think most of the people are here who do the jobs above are white trash/hispanic/black

i do get annoyed now however when i get the plane back to the UK or back to the USA it fills up with chavs on holiday, with every item they wear emblazoned with the union jack - something notably americans do not have the equivilent of. (or if they do they do not leave their own state)
Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:37 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Hmmmmm, I don't do either of the above, I think most of the people are here who do the jobs above are white trash/hispanic/black

i do get annoyed now however when i get the plane back to the UK or back to the USA it fills up with chavs on holiday, with every item they wear emblazoned with the union jack - something notably americans do not have the equivilent of. (or if they do they do not leave their own state)
It must a Florida E2 thing then. A lot of them go for either a lawn mowing business or property management, so end up doing exactly what Krizzy described. Not sure they'd like being described as "white trash" though :scared:
Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:23 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Basically for most people who want to live in the US the E-2 is the only way ..
E-2ers to go to all states ..California has more than Florida ..
and I think even New york has more ...

In the last 3 years I have only known two people return to the UK ..
A lot more suceed than fail ..
I wonder how many stay because of the cost of going back.......kids doing well here.....or just not wanting people back home to think they have failed.......
Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:28 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
It must a Florida E2 thing then. A lot of them go for either a lawn mowing business or property management, so end up doing exactly what Krizzy described. Not sure they'd like being described as "white trash" though :scared:
america = white trash

england = chavs

same thing really

lots of kids, poor education and live off benefits

only difference really is that in the us the 'men' have mullets
Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:28 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
I'll bear it in mind, not sure the wife would be pleased though.
Aw, you could have Mickey and Minnie help you renew your vows.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:29 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Aw, you could have Mickey and Minnie help you renew your vows.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe not.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:30 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I'd say a lot of them have money...or did before going for the visa........
Most of the people just can't trust their workers...so they have to work long hours to keep an eye on everything........