Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

TV Catchup Website

TV Catchup Website

Old Apr 25th 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice
Default TV Catchup Website

Following on from the debacle that was the TV Premium app for iPhone and iPad does anyone have a VPN provider that allows them to log in to the TV Catchup website?

The one that I have been using has been sussed and was wondering whether there may be an alternative???
Old Apr 25th 2012, 1:34 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Catchup Website

http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthre...oxies-amp-VPNs

I think they are clever enough that no vpn will work on their site for long. As soon as a new provider pops up, they block them.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weeze
http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthre...oxies-amp-VPNs

I think they are clever enough that no vpn will work on their site for long. As soon as a new provider pops up, they block them.
What a bummer.

I guess the only thing left to do it to pay the parents for the extra sky receiver in the guest room and get a mate round to hook it to their broadband connection. Sling heaven here I come.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:03 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
What a bummer.

I guess the only thing left to do it to pay the parents for the extra sky receiver in the guest room and get a mate round to hook it to their broadband connection. Sling heaven here I come.
I use UKiVPN. It works great for most things except tvcatchup. BUT, whilst my PC is blocked, I AM able to connect with my iPad. Not ideal, but its maybe better than nothing?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by njmackem
Following on from the debacle that was the TV Premium app for iPhone and iPad does anyone have a VPN provider that allows them to log in to the TV Catchup website?

The one that I have been using has been sussed and was wondering whether there may be an alternative???
I must admit that I am a bit flummoxed by people coming here and then fretting over being able to watch Corrie or Enders or whatever. Yes, I know that the TV here is awful but I can't be asked to keep up with a program that reminds me of somewhere I don't live anymore. Still, if it makes you happy...
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:38 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markwm
I must admit that I am a bit flummoxed by people coming here and then fretting over being able to watch Corrie or Enders or whatever. Yes, I know that the TV here is awful but I can't be asked to keep up with a program that reminds me of somewhere I don't live anymore. Still, if it makes you happy...
All of the shows on TV are in places I dont live.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nutek
All of the shows on TV are in places I dont live.
I didn't know we had a colony on Iapetus.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Oh its not for Corrie or Eastenders....

I do like to keep up with British sport still, and I prefer the British news.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:03 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I use VyprVPN, and it is working for UK TV (direct to the channels sites, ITV, BBC, C4, C5; I have never been to tvcatchup), but I might jump ship to a cheaper option. StrongVPN according to reports, seems to work and be cheaper.

I think I pay less for VyprVPN, than on the Golden Frog web site, as I get it as an addon with my newsgroup provider (Giganews) they are both from the same parent company, but even with the discount, I think StrongVPN will be cheaper

edit: Never mind, I just read your original post again, and you are asking about iThingies, I am Android.

Last edited by kimilseung; Apr 25th 2012 at 5:14 pm. Reason: post not relevant
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:15 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

More about being informed about the world.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Well, that and Million Pound Drop.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kimilseung
They have this new-fangled thingumyjig called the internet. You can find all sorts of amazing things and you can even go to the BBC or SKY or Telegraph or DM site and read about all the goings-on in the big bad world.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:18 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Nutek
Well, that and Million Pound Drop.
I am turning in to Pickles, I had to look that show up.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

In the very near future we may no longer need VPN/slingbox or torrent download sites to catch up with home..

http://www.nimbletv.com//

Just about to enter beta testing but looks promising.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:37 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by King Gimp
In the very near future we may no longer need VPN/slingbox or torrent download sites to catch up with home..

http://www.nimbletv.com//

Just about to enter beta testing but looks promising.
I see it is working with the content providers, but I do not see that it has cross-market support (pay in one country, view in another)

Last edited by kimilseung; Apr 26th 2012 at 4:44 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.