Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

TV: The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off

TV: The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:26 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default TV: The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/bo...f/article.html

Watched this on TLC last night- about the last 4 months of a Jonny Kennedy- a Brit who suffered Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) for 36 years. Quite a tearjerker- not only the horrible sadness of his agony, but his optimisim and view of life. Truely wise beyond his years. Make me feel pretty dam pathetic for complaining about the daily aches and pains and minor travais/troubles.

I heartily recommend it.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV: The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off

I think there are times in our lives when we question what in the hell is happening. What I do when those times hit me is to look around at what I see and cases like Johnnies are to be seen all around. I do not take solace from what I see but it certainly focuses my perspective.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it a few months ago.

he was a good lad and no mistake.

It was sad when he died on the train on his way home from meeting Tony Blair.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I watched it a few months ago.

he was a good lad and no mistake.

It was sad when he died on the train on his way home from meeting Tony Blair.

Thanks a lot Mr Blow The Movie!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:55 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

This was one of those shows that make you feel very humble, made me cry too.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 8:36 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Thanks a lot Mr Blow The Movie!
Not at all... the first thing you see in the program is the poor guy picking out his own coffin. You know the end from the beginning.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 8:41 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/bo...f/article.html

Watched this on TLC last night- about the last 4 months of a Jonny Kennedy- a Brit who suffered Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) for 36 years. Quite a tearjerker- not only the horrible sadness of his agony, but his optimisim and view of life. Truely wise beyond his years. Make me feel pretty dam pathetic for complaining about the daily aches and pains and minor travais/troubles.

I heartily recommend it.
I saw that too. Geordie boy. Got to admit I was cringing when his Mom was changing the dressings. Makes you realise how lucky you are to be normal and have healthy kids. God help him.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:53 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of my sisters had EB poor bugger was in the same boat as Jonny he died in his mid thirties spent a lot of his life in bandages and agony.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I saw that too. Geordie boy. Got to admit I was cringing when his Mom was changing the dressings. Makes you realise how lucky you are to be normal and have healthy kids. God help him.

I was flicking through channels and only saw his mom changing the dressings ........could only watch 20-30 seconds of it....just had to turn it over but now reading this thread maybe I saw the worst 20-30 seconds of the show.....poor lad
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:13 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I've not heard of this programme but will seek it out now. Sounds very heart-wrenching, and probably the kind of thing we all need to see occasionally, to put things in perspective.