Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trying to keep a cool head!

Wikiposts

Trying to keep a cool head!

Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Trying to keep a cool head!

Well got my DS2019 yesteday - and booked the Sleeper train down to London on Wednesday night (next week) and back up on 1st class - all for the bargain price of £79!

Unfortunately since then the girl who was renting my house has backed out - she says she realised she cant afford it and unless I reduce the rent by £50 a month she is pulling out. Course she knows I am due to leave in a couple of weeks so probably thinks she has me over a barrel - and I do NEED this sorted before I leave - but I am going to go with advertising again - I'm thinking if she's gonna pull these kind of stunts before she's even moved in what else is she capable of?

Still no bites on the car - scary stuff but I guess most of you have BTDT - I am just hoping for a miracle for it all to fall into place! I am going out there with so little money initially for a car etc, and I was really hoping to have the house deposit, car funds etc to boost that - but if not well I guess I just have to look at it as, well I am realizing a dream and if I got this far I can figure the rest of it out as I go along - it's coming to light that I'm not going to have the support I thought I had out there - but it was never about that anyway - and I can do independent - easily! LOL.

Have a great day everyone! Off to tear some more hair out now, hehe. Or perhaps just go for a large at lunchtime!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 11:03 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Lesley, we did it all by ourselves with 3 children too. When you have settled in and got everything sorted you will be so proud of yourself and you can sit back and give yourself a bit pat on the back. There are a lot of people out there than don't give these things a go and won't even try.

Good luck