Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trying to buy land in America, hopefully Arizona.

Trying to buy land in America, hopefully Arizona.

Old Nov 27th 2019, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to buy land in America, hopefully Arizona.

If you did manage to win the GC lottery you’d be expected to be US resident pretty soon after, since GC is maintained by residence, right?

so if you can even do this, and you win, you’d have to apply nearest to time of being ready to move to meet GC stipulations. I doubt it’s something you can win twice after forgoing it.

unless I’m wrong on that, anyone?
Old Nov 27th 2019, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You win it more than once. Pretty sure I saw a case where that happened.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You win it more than once. Pretty sure I saw a case where that happened.
blimey, surprised by that, can’t imagine the odds of that would be good enough to plan a life around, even if you were that lucky, but everything has an exception I guess for someone. You could play lottery also and with the money buy in, I guess.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can not remember the details, long time ago, sure it was not a plan.

You hear of people winning multiple lotteries, happens however long the odds.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's all about where she was born. If she was born in Egypt (or any other qualifying country), then she can apply. If not, then no.

Rene
No. British born. Egyptian dad who was born there but obviously that doesn't count.
Ah well. Thanks for the help. Guess I will just have to learn some trade or become a world renowned master of something and then they'll let us in. Any ideas on what I can become a master of will be greatly recieved! 😁
Old Nov 27th 2019, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Trying to buy land in America, hopefully Arizona.

Originally Posted by Boiler
I can not remember the details, long time ago, sure it was not a plan.

You hear of people winning multiple lotteries, happens however long the odds.
yes, of course it happens. Supernova happen, but the chances of a particular star you’re watching exploding are low. Likewise on double lottery winners, I just didn’t think GC lottery was something you could enter into (after winning it once) multiple times, live and learn!